X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP0610 6" Jointer

Is Ridgid releasing a newer model of this jointer in the next little while? I want to purchase the 6" jointer and I've noticed that the price has dropped dramatically. But I'm wondering if I should wait for the newer model.

Does anybody have any insight on whether a new jointer is going to be released soon and what it might look like?

Re: JP0610 6" Jointer

Where have you seen the price drop dramatically? The JP0610 has been selling at $399(US) where I'm at for years. Every now and again it goes on sale for $349 but bounces right back up to the $399 at the end of the sale. There recently was a $319 price on the HD website but after freight was factored in the final price was something like $429 delivered.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I'm in British Columbia, Canada so the original price wasn't $399 USD it was $569 CDN.

Anyways, I think in the last few months the dropped from $569 to $529 and then just recently (within the last couple of weeks) the price dropped to $329 (in-store price).

It looks like a clearance price.

Comment

If you can get it for the $329 or less grab it. Even if they come out with a new model the price would be high and that is a great machine.
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I'm with papadan. I have one and works great for me and that sounds like a really good price!
          Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

$329 CDN, what's that in USD about $230? At that price buy as many as you can. You're right though, it does look like some sort of close out pricing.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

$329 CND is like $289US (rate is $1us for $1.17can).

still, thats a good deal!!!! like papadan said, if the new model comes out, its going to be at the high price, and i dont think they can change it much other than make it bigger. so go and get one!

if at all possible, if they allow you to open a commercial credit card with HD, then you can get 50% off one power tool. so that would be like half of 329 for you! if you cant open one, see if a friend who has a business will open one - worth trying if you can.

regards,

omar

Comment

I just went to my local HD on Vancouver Island to check out the price of the jointer. There are none left - dude there said they blew them all out before Christmas and there are no plans for getting any more. As far as he knows, it has been discontinued.

Damn - or I would have bought one too. So I suspect whatever is left is old stock and you should scope one!

Lucky!
                "Dad, E means empty, NOT broken" - my cousin Doug, to his dad after the tractor ran out of diesel and Ed claimed the gas gauge was broken.

Comment

I just purchased one about one month ago, my local store matched the internet price of $319 and also gave me 20 % off when opening a Home Deport credit card. My final price was about $258 - now I just need to put it to work.

Comment

So, nobody has any insight on whether or not Ridgid is releasing a new model of their jointer. There must be someone from Ridgid reading these posts.

Colin

Comment

Originally posted by credekop View Post
                      So, nobody has any insight on whether or not Ridgid is releasing a new model of their jointer. There must be someone from Ridgid reading these posts.

Colin
                      I was in my local Home Depot about a week ago and ran into the tool manager while looking over their display jointer. Like you, I couldn't find any jointers at any of the local HDs and asked him whether they would be getting any in. He said he had been told by the Ridgid sales rep (or someone like that) that Ridgid was coming out with a new jointer, bigger fence (don't know what else) and that it would be $549. He checked and said they were supposed to be getting the last of the available stock "soon" and has my name for one when they come in.

Take it for what it's worth.

Butch in Des Moines

Comment

Working...
                      X