X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitersaw ZCI ?

Anyone know a source for miter saw ZCIs?

I have a DW-708 which the stock insert is a two piece design with a wide (about a half inch) opening for the blade. This is needed when tilting the saw which I rarely do, so I would like to close off that wide slot for most of my work and not have to worry about losing small pieces down there.

Has anyone made their own for the DW-708? If so how did you go about it?

I am thinking I will remove the two pieces and make a template from some cardboard which I will trim to size and locate the holes on, then make a more rigid template from a piece of hardboard that I will use to rout my inserts from. I plan to make a couple of them while setup after I work the bugs out of my plan.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Mitersaw ZCI ?

Well, lots of lookers, but no one has a solution it seems. I went and looked at my MS and for the first time noticed that there are slots for the mounting screws. I blew all the sawdust out and each has about 3/16" of movement, so I was able to slide each half of the insert in towards the blade 3/16" w/o hitting the blade. That left a slot about 1/4" wide, so minus the blade width it is almost but not quite a ZCI. It'll work for now, but I will still look into making my own.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

you can try this place http://www.ptreeusa.com/index.htm i have gotting a few thing but it is hit or miss
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Will this work

My Makita LS1013 has an adjustable insert. Like your saw, it is made of two pieces, but each side is adjustable allowing a kerf sized gap regardless of the bevel.

Can you elongate the slots for the mounting screws to do the same thing?

Comment

I think that cjh20 has the idea of trying to elongate the slots more. If needed this file is the parts list for the DW708 type 1. The standard kerf plates (inserts) are part number 395672-00. If your's is a different type number, let me know and I'll try to check out the parts list for it. I would think the kerf plates would stay the same, but it pays to be sure.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X