X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old ridgid

will the real ridgid man pleaze stand up!
    Who here has the oldest ridgid table saw?
    who has the oldest 3560?
    ________
    vaporizer affiliates
    Last edited by RODDY; 01-22-2011, 11:32 AM.

Re: old ridgid

lol some here have the 3612
    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

At least two members here have the 2412. See poll.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I have the TS2424! I absolutely love it. I have been thinking about adding an Incra fence/rail assembly to increase my rip capacity. After I complete my workstations (one of which will also be able to function as an infeed table), I'll probably start wanting the wider rip capacity more. I'm not a pro. More of a "serious/advanced/not-afraid-to-tackle-anything do-it-yourselfer". I look at more expensive cabinet saws and, while I'll admit that they would be nice to have, I haven't had any real desire to buy one. The Ridgid TS2424 has served me well -- and accurately.

Comment

I have one of the first TS2400s, but some people still have older model Sears craftsman saws that are the original Ridgid saws. Emerson started putting the Ridgid name on them when they lost the sears contract.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I've got a 1974 Emerson made Craftsman RAS. Almost like new! Table saws have always been more popular I think, so I won't be at all surprized to see a few owners with saws going back 30 or more years.

CWS

Comment

I have an old craftsman (late 70s) 10 inch belt drive. started with 1 horse motor but heavily modified now. 3 horse 220 vac, biesmeir fence, runout table. Trunnions and basic saw are still sound though!! Like the powermatic
              but believe I will keep my 2100.00 VBG

Comment

I forgot to mention that I too have a Ridgid-made Craftsman radial arm saw. It belonged to my late father. He only used it once or twice and it has sat at home for years. I finally brought it to its new home in my new shop. Ordered the free safety retro kit and it looks like a brand new saw. I plan to build a mobile storage cabinet to set it on to use the currently wasted space under the factory stand.

Comment

The design concept hasn't changed much since the 50's. How far do you want to go back when mentioning Craftsman / Ridgid? ( I don't know how far back Ridgid made Craftsman tools. I'll be bringing home my Dad's Craftsman contractors saw that is either a 1955 or a 1957. Its gold in color & has the stainless trim with the round tooling marks as does his 6" jointer. I also have the 12" band-saw that will match both of these tools.

Comment

That matching set from the 50's will be cool. An older friend of mine has a '55 Sears contractor saw that was a wedding gift from his wife. The guts are pretty much the same as the new ones, minus the cam adjust and port. It has a 3/4hp motor and a rugged, but sloppy fence.

Comment

My Dad's saw doesn't have the original motor which was a 1 hp. Back then when you purchased the saw all you got was the main table & the guts under it. You purchased the wings & motor separately & made your own leg set. I do have the original motor. I have already changed out the fence to a 1997 Craftsman fence, the old one was worn out. The saw now has a 2 hp motor on it.

Comment

Ridgid-made Craftsman

I think you have it wrong. RIDGID did not make woodworking tools for Craftsman, they were made by Emerson for Sears/Craftsman. Emerson also made the RIDGID WWing tools until a couple years ago when TTI/OWT took over. AFAIK Emerson does not make WWing tools for either company now. They DO still make the RIDGID and Craftsman shop vacs which sell under their respective labels.

Emerson Professional Tools & One World Technologies to Partner on RIDGID® Power Tool Line
                        http://www.gotoemerson.com/jsp/news/...ReleaseID=2053
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Yes Bob sometimes we don't mention all the details but most of us already know this.

Comment

See the pics on my website.

I have an Emerson built 1996 Craftsman that the Ridgid 2424 was based off of.

Of course I added a qulity Ridigd fence!
                            http://www.picturetrail.com/gid6255915

Comment

Working...
                            X