Router Table problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router Table problem

I recently built a router table for my new ridgit router. The only problem I seem to be having is getting the bit centered on the brass bushing. I used the clear plastic piece off the bottom of my plunger and routed a hole for it to fit flush into the table. I then screwed 1" screws through the table and base plate into the router. When I adjust the depth of my router and tighten the base back up it throws the bit off center. It isn't much but I really want to make some tight fitting dovetails. Any suggestions?

Re: Router Table problem

Originally posted by Woodworkr View Post
    I recently built a router table for my new ridgit router. The only problem I seem to be having is getting the bit centered on the brass bushing. I used the clear plastic piece off the bottom of my plunger and routed a hole for it to fit flush into the table. I then screwed 1" screws through the table and base plate into the router. When I adjust the depth of my router and tighten the base back up it throws the bit off center. It isn't much but I really want to make some tight fitting dovetails. Any suggestions?
    It sounds like you are attaching the router directly to the table, correct? I used a lift/insert plate that bolted to the router then that whole assembly attached to the table.

FSK
    Last edited by FSK; 02-13-2007, 09:50 AM.

Comment

There is a centering cone and pin that is supplied with your router. While it is intended to aid in properly mounting the baseplate to the router, I would think it would be handy when mounting the router to anything else.

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys, I am going to get the router plate. I was hoping to skip that step and avoid the extra expense but I guess it is the small things that make the difference.

Comment

Working...
        X