Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Another good one, downloaded the pictures and i'll be able to go from there. I too have a few dewalts, if the price is right and it passes majority of the people review I'll go for it, no need to feel bad, lol. Thanks again
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

zenophus -
      I'm fixin' to make a router table, and I noticed yours on your table saw. Is that MDF that you made it out of? If it is, how do you like it? I've been wondering if laminate is required for the table or not.
      - djb
      sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Hey djb,

Actually, that's an old router table extension that I purchased at Rockler a few years ago but it is not being used as a router table. I cut ALOT of sheet goods and found I needed the extra width to support the stock. I actually usea stand-alone router table that's quite a bit bigger than that one.

If you want the part number from Rockler please let me know....

Zeno
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Heres one that I like to use, for wood splines in miter corners, works great. Zenophus I,ll check out your router table, I should have a catalog in my desk, which router do you use? By the way for a cancer research scientist your very informed in woodworking. Looks like you got yourself a nice shop, to get away from it all.
          Attached Files
          Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

LOL......Cancer research is alot of fun...I have million dollar instruments at my disposal and boy do I have fun!!! Woodworking is definitely a distraction (more of an obsession) but I also make a good deal of muhlah making stuff for people and that brings me a great deal of satisfaction......God Bless the 3650! While I'm not very "informed" concerning ww I still appreciate the compliment...thx....
            Z
            “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by zenophus View Post

If you want the part number from Rockler please let me know....

Zeno
              Zeno -
              I'm going to try making a router table for my TS3650. In fact, I just got back from Home Depot with $35 worth of supplies, which should include everything but legs (I want to attach supports to the TS so I can still move it around easily).
              - djb
              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

I would be very interested what modifications you guys were making on the panel jig. I made several:

1. Instead of the sandpaper against the blade-facing fence, I cut a 1/8" rabbet on the clamping bar instead of cutting the curve (oh man....sooooo much easier, plus it sits flat against the tall fence).

2. No mention of the need to wax the guide strip.....defineitely do it.

3. Wax, wax, wax the bottom.

4. Wax, wax, wax, wax, wax, wax the bottom.

Zeno

Comment

Well we finally made it above zero degree today here in MN. So I ended up trimming my new front porch, I will get on that jig soon though. Looking at the plans I do not see any changes I will make, I'm sure as soon as I'm using it I'll come up with something. Here's another similar jig from somewhere in this forum. Now that one I see I can do some modifications....

http://www.plansnow.com/dn3048c.html

Comment

Heres a cheap simple clamp, easy to make and it works. Its not a jig so lets add tips to this thread.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X