X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have a great jig to share (not push sticks or feather boards) with all of us. I do spend some time on jigs thats for sure. I'm thinking jigs for table saws, routers, drill presses, band saws, saw horses, bench jigs, ect. Now I did type in this forums search for jigs, just wasn't much there. Jigs for holding, shaping, squaring, anything different you may think of. Sometimes I just get bored and go into a jig making frenzy and someone out there might have something or 2 that I would love to have. Its winter time and here in Minnesota its cold out there and I need to keep busy. Thanks
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Re: Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

garager,

When I have time I would be more than happy to respond. But, for now I'm on the way to the beach.

PS: Any recommended treatments for a sunburn?

DWC

Comment

Thanks dwcurry, looking forward to hear from you. As far as sunburns, I would most certainly say aloe vera, here in Minnesota we see lots of sunburns, lol. Especially during the winter time, comes from light bulbs.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

I finally was confronted with making custom cabinet doors, so I purchased a panel cutting bit that turned out to be too wide in diameter for my router's base plate opening. I had no choice but to make the panels on the saw. I found this jig in Fine Woodworking mag and it works GREAT!!!

I really like the square frame for this particular project. It was also cut on the TS as per Nawm Abrahms (sp??).

Z
        Attached Files
        Last edited by zenophus; 02-06-2007, 06:48 PM.
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Zenophus, do you happen to know which issue of FWW that jig was in? While routing a raised-panel door is one solution, I think I like that setup better (as in it won't cost me the price of the bit).
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

VASandy,

This jig is on the cover of Wood Mag's Best Ever Woodworking Jigs for 2006. I will certainly copy the plans for you if you wish...

Zeno
            “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Way to zonophus, I do like that jig, I'll take a copy of the plans also if you will. I don't own a digital camera but I'm sure I can find some of my jigs on the internet and post them, or I can try to explain what jigs I have and what usage they are for. A lot of my jigs are for building houses, such as a jig for cutting steel siding. Any how I'll get right on them in a day or 2. Thanks

Comment

OK.....Tomorrow I will scan the plans and post it.......

Zeno

Comment

Oh....just one thing. Unless you have a VERY SHARP blade you will have to do some considerable sanding to make the bevels smooth to get rid of saw marks.....just a reminder. Otherwise, there was almost NO NEED to sand!

Comment

Originally posted by dwcurry View Post
                    garager,

PS: Any recommended treatments for a sunburn?
                    Sunscreen....I'm 40, have surfed since I was 3, and already had a couple of "funky moles" removed.
                    Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Thanks guys, I was just pulling garager's leg as I live in Central Florida. I didn't mean to get us off topic.

DWC

Comment

Ok I hope this works, this type of jig I have been using for a long time, I think since high school. I'm pretty sure thats where the idea came from anyhow. ave at least 12 of them in various sizes and materials, it is a handy one. Hope someone can use it, pretty simple to figure out how to make. Oh I should add my other variations are multiple holes w/bolt and wing nuts, then made one w/ slot length way w/ oval shaped washers and wing nuts. Haven't made one w/ threaded rod yet these other work great.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by garager; 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Guys....the files are too big to post in the forum so I need some email addresses if you want the plans. Please either email me or send private msg with your address.

Thanks!

Comment

thanks zenophus received my email everything printed fine, will build it tomorrow if I get the time.

Comment

One more jig that I have found very useful. I built it to cut biscuits for joining panels for cab doors because I found if the the work surface is not PERFECTLY FLAT the biscuit hole is not perfectly centered. Note particularly:

1. The lip at the front that prevents slippage.

2. The tempered hardwood surface has a groove directly below the cutting plane. This is for 45° biscuits such that the tip of the cut fits down into the groove.

3. I added the bolts to hold the joiner steady at the cutting plane.

Please disregard the brand of the joiner. I hope DeWalt is not TOO dirty a word here .

Oh....I also ordered a toggle clamp from Rockler to hold the piece. It will slide centered and parallel to the joiner in a T-track....

Zeno
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by zenophus; 02-07-2007, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X