X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garager
    started a topic Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you have a great jig to share (not push sticks or feather boards) with all of us. I do spend some time on jigs thats for sure. I'm thinking jigs for table saws, routers, drill presses, band saws, saw horses, bench jigs, ect. Now I did type in this forums search for jigs, just wasn't much there. Jigs for holding, shaping, squaring, anything different you may think of. Sometimes I just get bored and go into a jig making frenzy and someone out there might have something or 2 that I would love to have. Its winter time and here in Minnesota its cold out there and I need to keep busy. Thanks

• garager
    replied
    Re: Jigs, Jigs, and more Jigs

Heres a cheap simple clamp, easy to make and it works. Its not a jig so lets add tips to this thread.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Well we finally made it above zero degree today here in MN. So I ended up trimming my new front porch, I will get on that jig soon though. Looking at the plans I do not see any changes I will make, I'm sure as soon as I'm using it I'll come up with something. Here's another similar jig from somewhere in this forum. Now that one I see I can do some modifications....

http://www.plansnow.com/dn3048c.html

Leave a comment:

• zenophus
    replied

I would be very interested what modifications you guys were making on the panel jig. I made several:

1. Instead of the sandpaper against the blade-facing fence, I cut a 1/8" rabbet on the clamping bar instead of cutting the curve (oh man....sooooo much easier, plus it sits flat against the tall fence).

2. No mention of the need to wax the guide strip.....defineitely do it.

3. Wax, wax, wax the bottom.

4. Wax, wax, wax, wax, wax, wax the bottom.

Zeno

Leave a comment:

• djb
    replied

Originally posted by zenophus View Post

If you want the part number from Rockler please let me know....

Zeno
    Zeno -
    I'm going to try making a router table for my TS3650. In fact, I just got back from Home Depot with $35 worth of supplies, which should include everything but legs (I want to attach supports to the TS so I can still move it around easily).
    - djb

Leave a comment:

• zenophus
    replied

LOL......Cancer research is alot of fun...I have million dollar instruments at my disposal and boy do I have fun!!! Woodworking is definitely a distraction (more of an obsession) but I also make a good deal of muhlah making stuff for people and that brings me a great deal of satisfaction......God Bless the 3650! While I'm not very "informed" concerning ww I still appreciate the compliment...thx....
    Z

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Heres one that I like to use, for wood splines in miter corners, works great. Zenophus I,ll check out your router table, I should have a catalog in my desk, which router do you use? By the way for a cancer research scientist your very informed in woodworking. Looks like you got yourself a nice shop, to get away from it all.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• zenophus
    replied

Hey djb,

Actually, that's an old router table extension that I purchased at Rockler a few years ago but it is not being used as a router table. I cut ALOT of sheet goods and found I needed the extra width to support the stock. I actually usea stand-alone router table that's quite a bit bigger than that one.

If you want the part number from Rockler please let me know....

Zeno

Leave a comment:

• djb
    replied

zenophus -
    I'm fixin' to make a router table, and I noticed yours on your table saw. Is that MDF that you made it out of? If it is, how do you like it? I've been wondering if laminate is required for the table or not.
    - djb

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Another good one, downloaded the pictures and i'll be able to go from there. I too have a few dewalts, if the price is right and it passes majority of the people review I'll go for it, no need to feel bad, lol. Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• zenophus
    replied

One more jig that I have found very useful. I built it to cut biscuits for joining panels for cab doors because I found if the the work surface is not PERFECTLY FLAT the biscuit hole is not perfectly centered. Note particularly:

1. The lip at the front that prevents slippage.

2. The tempered hardwood surface has a groove directly below the cutting plane. This is for 45° biscuits such that the tip of the cut fits down into the groove.

3. I added the bolts to hold the joiner steady at the cutting plane.

Please disregard the brand of the joiner. I hope DeWalt is not TOO dirty a word here .

Oh....I also ordered a toggle clamp from Rockler to hold the piece. It will slide centered and parallel to the joiner in a T-track....

Zeno
    Attached Files
    Last edited by zenophus; 02-07-2007, 05:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

thanks zenophus received my email everything printed fine, will build it tomorrow if I get the time.

Leave a comment:

• zenophus
    replied

Hi Guys....the files are too big to post in the forum so I need some email addresses if you want the plans. Please either email me or send private msg with your address.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• garager
    replied

Ok I hope this works, this type of jig I have been using for a long time, I think since high school. I'm pretty sure thats where the idea came from anyhow. ave at least 12 of them in various sizes and materials, it is a handy one. Hope someone can use it, pretty simple to figure out how to make. Oh I should add my other variations are multiple holes w/bolt and wing nuts, then made one w/ slot length way w/ oval shaped washers and wing nuts. Haven't made one w/ threaded rod yet these other work great.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by garager; 02-07-2007, 10:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dwcurry
    replied

Thanks guys, I was just pulling garager's leg as I live in Central Florida. I didn't mean to get us off topic.

DWC

Leave a comment:

Working...
X