X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Saw Blade Deals on Amazon...

For those interested, Amazon has a promotion for 20% off 10 and 12 inch saw blades with free shipping over $25. Some of the blades are already on sale. No rebates, no gift cards, no $150 minimums...straight up discounts on some good stuff.
    (promo code: 2OOFFPTA)

A couple that caught my eye:

Freud LM74M010 10" x 30 Triple Chip Tooth Design Glue Line Ripping Blade
    $39.99 (~$32)

DEWALT DW7640 10" 50T Combination Woodworking Saw Blade
    $36.99 (~ 29.50) (WWJ's "Best Bet")

DEWALT DW7657 10" 40T General Purpose Woodworking Saw Blade
    $39.99 (~$32) (Wood Mag's Forrest rival) http://www1.epinions.com/content_220309917316

Forrest WW10407100 Woodworker II 10", 40-Tooth Blade for Table Saws (3/32" Thin Kerf) $89.99 (~ $72) (WWII...nuff said...)
    http://www1.epinions.com/content_145552674436

Freud LU83R010 10" 50 Tooth Thin Kerf Combination Blade $44.99 (~$36)

Freud LU87R010 10" x 24-Tooth, 5/8" Arbor Perma-SHIELD Coated Thin Kerf Saw Blade $34.99 (~ $28)

Freud LU88R010 10" 60T Perma-SHIELD Coated Thin Kerf Saw Blade $44.99 ~ $36 (one of my favorites!)
    http://www1.epinions.com/content_226312687236

Freud LU86R010 10" 40-Tooth Thin Kerf General Purpose Blade $34.99 (~$28) (...awesome bang for the buck)
    http://www1.epinions.com/content_227985493636

Re: Hot Saw Blade Deals on Amazon...

I looked for the Freud LU88R010 10" 60T Perma-SHIELD Coated Thin Kerf Saw Blade but only found it for $55. Can you be more specific about the place of purchase??? Please?????????????????? Please?????????????? That's my favorite blade! (I can't believe I have a favorite blade).
    “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by zenophus View Post
      I looked for the Freud LU88R010 10" 60T Perma-SHIELD Coated Thin Kerf Saw Blade but only found it for $55. Can you be more specific about the place of purchase??? Please?????????????????? Please?????????????? That's my favorite blade! (I can't believe I have a favorite blade).

Here ya go...don't forget to apply the discount code ... that's a hot buy at $36 delivered.
      http://www.amazon.com/Freud-LU88R010...8?ie=UTF8&s=hi
      Freud LU88R010 10" 60T Perma-SHIELD Coated Thin Kerf Saw Blade
      Other products by Freud
      List Price: $65.80
      Price: $44.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
      You Save: $20.81 (32&#37

Availability: In Stock. Ships from and sold by Amazon.com.

Comment

Thanks Hewood!!! Just finished the order....
        Last edited by zenophus; 02-06-2007, 08:10 PM.
        “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” —Thomas Carlyle

Comment

You're welcome! That blade always surprises and impresses the heck out me.

Comment

Great thanks hewood for the tip, I also went and placed an order, great prices and I'm not in a hurry.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

[quote=hewood;67969]For those interested, Amazon has a promotion for 20% off 10 and 12 inch saw blades with free shipping over $25. Some of the blades are already on sale. No rebates, no gift cards, no $150 minimums...straight up discounts on some good stuff.
              (promo code: 2OOFFPTA)

Just bought a Forrest 40 tooth WWII, $72. Thanks for the tip. A week ago bought a Freud 508 dado for $129 on Amazon, to be delivered tomorrow. Thanks again....

Comment

I just couldn't handle it, just got done ordering more blades and stabilizer, why not I said to myself, good deal go for it.
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Heywood,
                  These look great. Thanks for the tip. I have the same WWII blade (which I love) on my 3650. Do you or anyone else have a suggestion for my Delta 10" compound miter saw? The blad on that is a burned up Oldham. I avoid using it for anything critical at the moment...
                  Thanks.
                  Skip
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

Comment

Originally posted by skipsax View Post
                    Heywood,
                    These look great. Thanks for the tip. I have the same WWII blade (which I love) on my 3650. Do you or anyone else have a suggestion for my Delta 10" compound miter saw? The blad on that is a burned up Oldham. I avoid using it for anything critical at the moment...
                    Thanks.
                    Skip
                    A couple of possibilities:
                    1. Freud LU85R010 ~ $56 shipped
                    2. Freud LU91R010 ~ $47
                    3. DeWalt DW7647 ~ $48
                      http://www.epinions.com/content_245518143108
                    4. Freud LU96R010 ~ $52

Any of the appropriate (low to neg hook) Freud Diablo or TK/Avanti series would work well too for lower cost, they're just not made to quite the same standard as the "L" series.
                    Last edited by hewood; 02-07-2007, 02:09 AM.

Comment

hewood...how do you get the 20% discount? Am I correct that you got the LU88R010 for $36 delivered and that's a good table saw blade for finish work?
                      Thanks.
                      there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                        hewood...how do you get the 20% discount? Am I correct that you got the LU88R010 for $36 delivered and that's a good table saw blade for finish work?
                        Thanks.
                        Thanks for the heads up Hewood! Just ordered two for myself. Got both for less than the cost of one decent blade at regular prices!

You get the 20% discount by entering the promotion code where it asks "Have any gift cards, gift certificates or promotional claim codes?"

The Code is: 2OOFFPTA

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                          Thanks.
                          The Code is: 2OOFFPTA to get it for $36 shipped. It's a great finish blade IMO. The neat part is that it rips surprisingly well making it very suitable for general purpose work too. I often just leave it on the saw for weeks on end. It should be a great match for a contractor saw or jobsite saw.

In case you missed the review earlier on in the thread:
                          http://www.epinions.com/content_226312687236

Comment

Ok I got the promotion code # from you guys, and I ordered a bunch of blades and a few other things at the same time. Now I'm wondering where did you get these promotion code? First time ever ordering from amazon and i couldn't find anything about promotion codes other then entering your code # at checkout. Did they email you with these codes because your great past customers? I think I'll be checking them out alot more now that I've seen some of their good deals, thanks for the info, I did save a lot of $$$ buying from amazon....

Comment

Holy Cow Farts! Amazon delivered my new blade in one day!! I'm going to play out in the shop.....

Comment

Working...
                              X