X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid BS14002 owners out there??

Hello all. Just got what I hope was a deal on a Ridgid BS14002. It was the floor model marked down to $236. I could see some small parts were missing and I got them to sell it for $186.66. That seems like a good deal to me, but I need your help.

I can see there should be an orange insert around the blade and some thumb screws and nuts elsewhere, but I don't have a manual to know what to ask for in the correct parts.

Please have a look at the pics and let me know if you can identify the missing parts.

One more thing - can I expect Ridgid to send these missing parts out at little or no charge, since I purchased it at HD?

Thanks!
    Attached Files
    Stay well and play well.
    Skip

Re: Ridgid BS14002 owners out there??

Go to www.ridgidparts.com, I believe they have detailed drawings of the BS there.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael View Post
      Go to www.ridgidparts.com, I believe they have detailed drawings of the BS there.

Rafael,
      That's great! Thanks. Anyone know whether Ridgid will provide these missing parts for no additional charge?

Thanks.
      Stay well and play well.
      Skip

Comment

From your pictures it looks like you are missing the throat plate (the orange "disk"). The plastic square things on the back are sort of hooks for hanging spare bandsaw blades when they're coiled. The wheel tracking adjustment knob on the back looks damaged, but shouldn't affect the function. You can dismount the pointer arm and straighten out it. Once you set it, it doesn't get much action, so the bends are probably irrelevant.

It does look like you're missing a few of the thumbscrews for securing the right block, and also the one for securing the block position (but not the one for the upper thrust bearing).

It's hard to tell from your pictures the situation below the table, but as far as I can tell you have all the thumbscrews and requisite parts down there.

Of critical importance, that you do have, is the safety lock key! I know my HD is missing the safety lock key on nearly every floor display model!

I think you got an awesome deal (nearly 50% off!) even with these few missing items.

Comment

Originally posted by skipsax View Post
          .....Anyone know whether Ridgid will provide these missing parts for no additional charge?
          One way to find out would be to call Ridgid Customer Service and ask them. Explain to them that the saw was a floor model and hopefully something can be worked out. I doubt if anyone here will be able to tell you either way whether they will or will not send you the parts for free.

One suggestion would be to download the manual. When you've done that, make a note of the exact part numbers that you need. You'll probably have better luck if you can tell them exactly what parts it is that you need.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Skip,
            I doubt those parts are all that expensive anyway. I've ordered similar parts from ridgid in the past. Little parts were often less than a dollar or two, the shipping was insane though. I once bot a 35 cent nut and the shipping was $9.50
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
              The wheel tracking adjustment knob on the back looks damaged, but shouldn't affect the function.
              Thanks Wood_Junkie. The knob (actually two knobs) were fine in the store. They got chewed up while getting it in and out of my Jeep!

Thanks again.
              Skip
              Stay well and play well.
              Skip

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                One way to find out would be to call Ridgid Customer Service and ask them.
                Yes - thanks Badger Dave. I fully intended to do just that. I was thinking that some forum users might have had similar experience and could give me the "heads up" in talking to customer service.
                Skip
                Stay well and play well.
                Skip

Comment

I have a .PDF of the BS1400 manual if you'd like. I can email it to you.
                  I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Thanks VAsandy!
                    Stay well and play well.
                    Skip

Comment

Here's a link to the the current BS manual you can download

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/E6F020D...nd_Saw_Man.pdf
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                        Here's a link to the the current BS manual you can download

http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/E6F020D...nd_Saw_Man.pdf
                        Thanks Bob.
                        Stay well and play well.
                        Skip

Comment

Still No Parts!

Update:
                          I purchased the saw several weeks ago and ordered missing parts from RidgidParts. (Gardner in Ohio)

No telling how long it will take for the insert, various thumb screws and guidel blocks to come in. The tech on the phone told me they had 681 guide blocks back ordered. I CAN cancel the order before it ships. Sounds to me like every floor model sold off in the last few months needs the same parts as mine!?

Anyway, just checked with my local HD and they WILL take it back if I want to forget about this and move on.

Should I return it and move on to something else or seek out third parties for guide blocks, thumb screws and inserts.

The last option is to obviously wait for the parts....

Thanks.
                          Skip
                          Stay well and play well.
                          Skip

Comment

Working...
                          X