X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Herc-u-lift

In another post I mentioned my new band saw. Looking for a lift.

The RIDGID HERC-U-LIFT PLUS AC9950 can be found on ebay, but nothing with "buy it now". It' my understanding that these have been disontinued. Three questions:

1)Anyone know of a resource for these?
    2)Difference between RIDGID HERC-U-LIFT and RIDGID HERC-U-LIFT PLUS?
    3)Is is really that good, compared with other options???

Thanks!
    Skip
    Stay well and play well.
    Skip

Re: Ridgid Herc-u-lift

Originally posted by skipsax View Post

The RIDGID HERC-U-LIFT PLUS AC9950 can be found on ebay, but nothing with "buy it now". It' my understanding that these have been disontinued. Three questions:

Thanks!
    Skip
    Skip,

I looked pretty hard for these things when I bought my bandsaw as well. Other than Ebay, no luck. And I think the prices on Ebay are quite high. It's a great system (I have one on my planer) but, IMHO it's not that much better than the HTC-2000 available at Rockler for $60. I'd prefer to have the Herc-u-lift, but the HTC is a very close second.

Rockler also sells their own mobile base for $50, but I don't really care for the tricycle idea. Better to have 4 wheels on a heavy machine...

Steve

Comment

I picked up a few of these when they were on close-out. I just put one on my table saw and will be putting the another on my RAS, and the other tools as I acquire them.

From my limited knowledge, the Herc-U-Lift is the device you see on the bottom of the Ridgid 3650 table saw, and the "Plus" was the product that was sold separately and is adjustable to fit other tools. Beyond that, they are virtually the same. You can look at the 3650 and judge for yourself "how good they are". I really like mine, it is well built, easy to install and use.

Searching through another forum, I found that the subject "discontinued" came up back in 2002. Obviously it came back, so I'm wondering if this more of a Home Depot thing. They do have a reputation for removing products that didn't get the customer response that they thought. I do know that when I saw the "clearance" this past summer, the local store had no idea what this product was. It took them a couple of weeks to get them from the local distribution center. Even than, they didn't know where to put them and over a two or three week period I bought five of the eight they had.

Point is, maybe they will show up again in the future.

CWS

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like they have been selling on ebay NIB for about $80-$100. Maybe I'll try to get one for closer to $80 if I win the auction. Otherwise the Rockler option might be good.
        Skip
        Stay well and play well.
        Skip

Comment

Well, I got the Herc-u-lift Plus that I was looking for. http://ridgidforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

$100! OUCH!!!!! I did it to myself. The prices on ebay were hovering around $80-100 in the last week. I called about 7 HDs within a 45 minute radius today looking for a stray Herculift Plus - no luck. Last ones sold were sold for $57, then $49, then $29.....$8.70.

Well I'll get mine this week as well for a cool $100.53. I didn't even win the auction! Getting it through a "second chance offer". Although I've gotten several bogus SCOs seemingly from ebay, this was legit. The guy who beat me out paid $102.99!

HTC-2000 or even 1000 seemed like a close second but I just wanted the same convenience as the lift on my TS3650.

Does this sound like confession???!??
          http://ridgidforum.com/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
          Stay well and play well.
          Skip

Comment

I bought one NIB off E-bay for my Bandsaw and they work good but they require you remove one of the leg braces. I bought the Delta Universal mobile base at Lowes, glued up some 1x2 Oak (didn't have any 6 quarter stock) for my Ridgid Planer and it works great and it was half of what I paid on ebay and did not have to remove any bracing.

Comment

Originally posted by Lost_virginian View Post
              I bought one NIB off E-bay for my Bandsaw and they work good but they require you remove one of the leg braces. I bought the Delta Universal mobile base at Lowes, glued up some 1x2 Oak (didn't have any 6 quarter stock) for my Ridgid Planer and it works great and it was half of what I paid on ebay and did not have to remove any bracing.
              Did you have to move one of the leg braces off of a Ridgid model BS1400?
              Stay well and play well.
              Skip

Comment

Yes, the way the manual has you install it your remove the brace under the table, if not you can't access the release properly

Comment

hmmm.....I should have it tomorrow via UPS...we'll see how it pans out. Thanks for the "heads up"
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

Comment

The guy who beat me out paid $102.99!

i'm sorry
                    9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Thanks!
                      Skip

This is the best lift I've found for open stands. Too bad you had to pay so much.

Comment

I-9,
                        Yes, I paid too much. Seems I hit the peak on ebay! The week before I bought and now, the prices have been about $20 cheaper on average. It's all good though, I had the money in paypal and that's what I wanted.

It arrived yesterday. Now I just am waiting on the replacement parts from Ridgid Parts to make the BS complete. Back ordered a couple weeks.

When this is all said and done I will have gotten the BS and lift for about a little more than $300. Not bad, but not a steal either.

This is my fun, so no complaints.
                        Stay well and play well.
                        Skip

Comment

Working...
                        X