X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIDGID Miter Gauge Hold Down Clamp AC1022

anybody own this and can tell me if it's worth buying one.......?

Last edited by mcarr184; 02-16-2007, 12:05 AM. Reason: adding picture
    American by birth. Canadian at heart.

Re: RIDGID Miter Gauge Hold Down Clamp AC1022

Since I've been a member of this forum I don't recall this item being talked about more than a time or two. Having never used one I really can't say if its good or bad but it only makes sense that if it was any good more people would be talking about it.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      but it only makes sense that if it was any good more people would be talking about it.

now dave you know as well as i do that only bad news travels fast on here and keeps coming back like a bad nightmare, but sadly that is just the way we are. to answer the question though, it is a clamp all clamps are good if used correctly. my miter saw(not ridgid) came with a clamp very simaler to that one and i use it with good results, but i just don't see me braging about cause it is just one of those things that i for take for granted.
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

but, but, but.............it's not a miter saw clamp.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

it's for the slideing miter gauge on my table saw to hold the work piece down and up against the miter gauge but I was just wondering how sturdy they were and the like. and if they realy kept the work piece in place when makeing a cut

Comment

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh now i fel dumb .............................. live and learn i guess
            9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Seem em, never used one, too much time wasted screwing it down and un-screwing it. Just use your other hand to hold the wood!
              Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

This is an old Emerson design, not that that makes it bad. They used to sell almost the exact same item under the Craftsman name for many years. I bought mine with my Craftsman TS back in the early 80s. I still have the miter gage from that TS and use it with my BS and my TS-3650 on occasion. The clamp works fine all the times I have used it over the years. I find it easy to adjust with the quick release button on the side.

What's it going for? You might want to check and see it will fit your miter gage, the older RIDGID/Emerson and Craftsman/Emerson miter gages were slightly different from todays.

Just went and checked, Sears still sells one though slightly different than this one. It's listed at $34.99. Basically the same but knobs are updated a bit.

Craftsman Hold Down Clamp for Table Saw
                Sears item #00929935000 Mfr. model #29935

There's a RIDGID AC1022 on eBay right now with a Buy-it-Now price of $15.99+Shipping.
                I don't know anything about the seller but thought it might interest you.
                Item number: 300081540197
                Last edited by Bob D.; 02-16-2007, 07:01 PM. Reason: added note about clamp on eBay
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have one and it woorks good.
                  SSG, U.S. Army
                  Retired
                  K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

well on amazon.com it's going for 8.79 + shipping

Comment

If that's a new piece and you are wanting one then you'd better jump on it before it's gone. It is definately worth $8.79+shipping to me.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

I've owned one for about a year and it works well. The only complaint I have is that it is really hard to unscrew the hold down to release the tension off of the piece. I haven't bothered to check the manual yet to see if I'm doing something wrong. I have to loosen the wingnut on top of the post that attaches to the miter gauge face in order to loosen the hold down. This doesn't seem right. Any suggestions?

Comment

Its all right for what it is but miter guages that come with saws pretty much are useless. If you want to spent a few bucks $110.00 or so take a look at this unit, it is the Osborne EB-3, well worth the money

www.osbornemfg.com

Originally posted by mcarr184 View Post
                          anybody own this and can tell me if it's worth buying one.......?

Carpenters make the prettiest firewood

Comment

The Osborne may be worth asking price (to some) but it does not have a hold-down clamp (even as an option) which is what this thread is about.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

Working...
                            X