No announcement yet.

New Ridgid Zero Clearance Insert(Fits Ridgid Models TS-3650, TS-2400LS)only

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microsoft pays me $32 an hour and my side work pays $50 an hour.
    So no, it isn't worth it to make one. I'd rather spend my carpentry time building my new deck or the built ins I have planned.

[ 08-15-2004, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: Sgt Beavis ]

Comment

I emailed customer service about the ZCI, and this is what they said:

"It is made of plastic and will not harm the saw blade."

Comment

I started to order three of these inserts from Amazon but they wanted to soak me for about $10.00 in shipping, so I went directly to the Might-T-Track Inc. site and paid only $5.75 for shipping. You've gotta watch that Amazon sometimes.

Comment

As I found out,see previous post. I e-mailed cust serv to complain about it.

Comment

I picked one up and have been pleased with it. You have to put the initial cut in it with a blade less than 10 inches. I used a circular saw plywood blade, raised it as high as it would go, and then put the 10 inch blade in (as low as it would go) and then raised it as well.

I then took the insert off and filed off another 1/32nd or so on each side and in the front to get rid of the rubbing.

I ripped a few sheets of ply this past weekend, some MDF and even some OSB without any chip out - all using the STOCK blade!!!

Comment

I bought three for my 3650 and they were at my doorstep in less than a week. I bought direct from Might-T-Track. I am pleased with the fit and have no complaints.

Comment

For my 3612, I picked up one of the inserts like Norm Has on his Unisaw. WC was closing them out for something like $70, so I got the insert and 2 packs of the wood inserts. The metal plate stays in there tight and the wood is easily replaceable in a matter of seconds. Best of all, I can make more from scraps as I don't need to rout out the lip that sits in the saw.

Comment

where did you get that metal/wood insert?

Michael

Comment

Mike 3206 could ya please post a likn to the website? Thanks
                    Andy B.

Comment

It looks like Forrest Saw Blades is selling a Zero Clearance Insert for the TS3650 on their website as well. The cost is $12.99.

Comment

LarryBoy, I couldn't find them at http://www.stores.yahoo.com/forrestman , do you have a different web address? I was wondering what they're made of?
                        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Try this Badger Dave.

http://www.forrestsawblades.com/

Comment

Sorry. I just saw the post. The one I bought was a closeout at Woodcraft. They were normally $120 or so. Anyway, I'll look to see if I can find the website name. For a picture of what the insert looks like, just go to Newyankee.com, or watch Norm on the weekends. It's the same type of ZCI he has on his unisaw.

Comment

Kinda interesting that the ZCI's at the Forrest site and the ones at the Might-T-Track site have the same exact prices and model numbers. According to each sites shipping information, it appears that Forrest charges less for shipping than Might-T-Track does. I wonder who really makes them?

[ 09-10-2004, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
                              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

is anyone happy with the inserts from Might-T-Track?
                                Andy B.

Comment

Working...
                                X