Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP06101 Fence Tilt Problem

Hello All,

I just purchased a JP06101 jointer and after putting it together, I found the following problem with the fence. It seems to be tilted towards the infeed table. You can see what I mean, in the following photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	08733f9eaaa36280a7692a27ee34ae25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	780

When I lock the fence down, it locks up tight, but it is higher on the outfeed table side, than on the infeed side. It rubs on the infeed side, when sliding it across the bed.

This is how it came, I have not adjusted the table extension yet. Though it looks to be in the same position as the one I compared it to in the local HD. It is a reconditioned unit, but would presume it should be correct anyways.

Could it be that the table extension is warped? Or that I need to readjust the extension to lower it on the outfeed table side?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
    Dale

Re: JP06101 Fence Tilt Problem

Something aint right. When I get home I will look at mine and see if I can offer some useful help.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thanks Rafael, I would appreciate it!

Dale

Comment

Originally posted by hobby_dale View Post
        Hello All,

I just purchased a JP06101 jointer and after putting it together, I found the following problem with the fence. It seems to be tilted towards the infeed table. You can see what I mean, in the following photo:

Click image for larger version

Name:	08733f9eaaa36280a7692a27ee34ae25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	780

When I lock the fence down, it locks up tight, but it is higher on the outfeed table side, than on the infeed side. It rubs on the infeed side, when sliding it across the bed.

This is how it came, I have not adjusted the table extension yet. Though it looks to be in the same position as the one I compared it to in the local HD. It is a reconditioned unit, but would presume it should be correct anyways.

Could it be that the table extension is warped? Or that I need to readjust the extension to lower it on the outfeed table side?

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
        Dale
        Chack out page 46 of the manual adjusting table extension. Mine was way off like yours. After you get it flat you shoud be ok.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

It's definitely the table extension and not the fence. The adjustments on the fence would not allow it to position itself such if the table extension is adjusted correctly. It looks like a simple adjustment to the extension.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thanks Guys, that is what I thought. Just wanted to check first, but possibly screwing something up. I'll adjust the extension table and see.

Best Regards,
            Dale

Comment

Working...
            X