Problem aligning 3650 extensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem aligning 3650 extensions

I've read all the tips here as well as other WW Forums I could find but I'm up against one issue.

The issue I'm facing is that the left extension lines up fine with the front edge of the table, running my finger across the seam detects no edge. But the back edge of the extension is definitely longer than the table by about a 64th or slightly more. The top of the extension mates fairly well at this point, (top front and top back - haven't worked the center to much at this point but it's close) - I stopped trying to tweak it because I'm not sure just what the accepted tolerances are for the assembled table and extensions.

The right extension lines up fine; both the edges and the top.

I haven't checked if the table is flat or not at this point. Wondering if that 64th is going to cause problems?
    You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

Re: Problem aligning 3650 extensions

You should have gotten shims with the saw to shim the rails if needed. Check out page 22 of the manual that came with the saw. I don't see where you should have problem after shimming the rail.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

If you're saying that the front to back length of the wing is 1/64" longer than the saws table top then I'd say you have nothing to worry about. As long as wing and the table top mate up flush and are level to each other you should be just fine.
      ================================================== ====
      All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

OK guys, thanks. Top mates flush with the extensions and I'll get ready to shim the rails if need be.

Gotta break from it now, but sheesh, aligning this puppy is quite an exercise in patience.
        You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooligan View Post
          ........Gotta break from it now, but sheesh, aligning this puppy is quite an exercise in patience.
          Maybe so but when you all done getting it just right you'll be happier that a pig in slop.
          ================================================== ====
          All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Working...
          X