X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS1250LS

I've been looking at the MS1250. Looks to be a lot of saw for the money. Comes with stand, extension table, dust collection port (looks to be 2 1/2").
    Does anyone have this saw and what do you think of it. I will be up-grading from a HF 8 1/2".
    And..... My local HD has this in stock!!!
    Thanks in advance,
    Rob Johnson
    Orange Ca.
    Just tilt your head a little and it will look straight!

Searched this fourm for info, This is my new saw.
    Got my State Tax return yesterday and my wife said" why don't you use that for your saw"
    Don't have to twist my arm!!
    Rob Johnson
    Orange Ca.

[ 04-27-2003, 09:17 PM: Message edited by: Backyard Woodworker ]

Comment

I have had the saw for about 6 months. Works well for what I use it for, but you'll want to change the blade if you are goung to use it for anything other than construction framing. With stock blade, no matter how slow I went, there was always some tearout on the back of the lumber.
      The port on the back is 2 1/2" and my shopvac hose plugs directly in. It catches quite a bit. The only thing I would say to use that may be better is a big hood in the back hooked up to a DC.
      When using it for angles, don't tighten down the stop bolt too tight as it (the table top, but only when you try to use an angle other than the preset stops) tends to wander to the right when tightening. I'm not sure if that is common with all saws.
      Last, the stock hold down clamp works great. The saw comes with one, and I found myself needing two, so I bought a DeWalt holddown that fit the hole (DeWalt in stock in store, Ridgid not) Big mistake, the Ridgid hold down is far and away better thna the DeWalt piece. Everything from tightening down, to hand comfort and stock secureness is better on the Ridgid.

HTH

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I picked the saw up today. What a up-grade from my old 8 1/4" HF!!
        Can't wait to get to use it tomorrow.
        Rob Johnson
        Orange Ca.

Comment

Working...
        X