X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auxillary Fence for table saw

I was wondering if anyone has a good idea for a auxillary fence for a Ridge table saw fence. I just put one on my craftsman table saw and was looking for ideas for attaching a wooden fence using the slots in the Ridge fence.
    Thanks Scott

Use the search feature for aux. fence. There was a thread a while back that talked about it. One recommendation was to use toilet bolts. I mentioned the fiber impregnated nylon type. Standard hex bolts will work. Be sure to counter-bore the aux fence for the nuts. Ridgid does sell square head bolts for this but is simple to set it up with things mentioned on the thread. Good luck.

[ 03-20-2003, 07:19 PM: Message edited by: Bob S ]

Comment

The aux. fence on my TS2412 has been on since about the day I bought it. It is a piece of 3/4" MDF attached with three extra square head bolts that were left over from the assembly of the saw. (I believe they were left over for that purpose). I counterbored the MDF in order to recess the nuts, and made sure that they were placed such that they would be away from the blade.

I've seen plans for "slip-on" type aux. fences, and one is on my to-do list, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Dan

Comment

Thanks for the info, I already ground down the sides of some carraige bolts to fit in the slot and will make a fence today.
        Scott

Comment

Working...
        X