X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUST COLLECTION AND CHIP SEPERATORS

Getting ready to buy the Penn State Industries Dc2000 -- 2hp 1600 CFM.

I asked them about installing a chip seperator but was concerned about restricting the air flow since the largest chip seperator lid I saw utilizes 4" duct.

Penn State tech support said it would cut down on the flow but suggested that the place for the chip seperator is right at the source of the equipment generating the chips, e.g., a planer.

Anybody have some thought on chip seprators in terms of placement, models, etc.

PS I know the cyclone solves the problem but that $800 - $1000 is out of my budget.

Hi Jerrbitt,

Sorry dont' have an answer to you - but could you please post a review of the penn State DC? I am looking at them as well (their smaller DC) and want to get a feel for their quality - THanks!

Subbu

Originally posted by jerrbitt:
    Getting ready to buy the Penn State Industries Dc2000 -- 2hp 1600 CFM.

I asked them about installing a chip seperator but was concerned about restricting the air flow since the largest chip seperator lid I saw utilizes 4" duct.

Penn State tech support said it would cut down on the flow but suggested that the place for the chip seperator is right at the source of the equipment generating the chips, e.g., a planer.

Anybody have some thought on chip seprators in terms of placement, models, etc.

PS I know the cyclone solves the problem but that $800 - $1000 is out of my budget.

Comment

Working...
    X