Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! TS3650 Setup..

Hey guys,

Been a little while.. but I have my table saw finally set up. I had a job change recently and now that I am settled into the new job, I went back out to the garage and finished the assembly. I have three, 3/4", 1/4-20 Square head bolts and three 1/4-20 nuts left over.. and for the life of me, I cannot find out what they were for! I went through the manual to make sure I got everything.. so far, I think I did.

Oh well.. anyway, I bought a new Forrest Woodworker II full kerf blade and installed it. (I also bought a zero clearance insert and the Microjig full kerf splitter, but I have not set those up yet). I ripped a 2" log strip of Baltic birch for my first cut and it worked like a charm. Wow! I then used the miter guage and cross cutted the same piece of wood to make a 2" square piece of 1/2" baltic birch.

This is going to be fun!

Jason
    "A long journey starts with the first step and an understanding spouse."

Re: Finally! TS3650 Setup..

The bolts/nuts you have left over are for attaching an auxiliary fence to the stock fence (see page 53 of the owner's manual). If making one, use a stable material that won't warp.

Hope this helps

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

Glad to hear you finished putting the TS together. Don't know if you ever had the chance to operate one before, but now you know why we enjoy the saw. Happy days making saw dust...
      If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Originally posted by Gofor View Post
        The bolts/nuts you have left over are for attaching an auxiliary fence to the stock fence (see page 53 of the owner's manual). If making one, use a stable material that won't warp.

Hope this helps

Go
        Ahh! Ok, that is something I want to do eventually.

Thanks!
        Jason
        "A long journey starts with the first step and an understanding spouse."

Comment

Working...
        X