Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2412 VS. TS2424

Hi!
    I'm new to woodworking and looking to buy my first table saw. So, I'd like your opinions on whether I should get the TS2412 or the TS2424. The saw will be kept in my garage and probably get used once or twice month.

I've read the comparasons between the two products, but they really don't mean too much to me. I know the 2424 is the "deluxe" model, but is it really worth the extra money? What are the pros and cons of each model? I don't mind spending the extra cash so long as I'm getting my money's worth.

Right now I'm leaning towards the 2424, but that's mostly because it comes with wheels. Frankly, I'd like a little better reason than that for spending the extra cash.

And, one more question. Rigid seems to get dogged by many reviewers because it doesn't have a fully enclosed motor. Is this a real cause for concern?

Any guidance you can provide is appreciated, as the monkeys at Home Depot are useless.

[ 07-21-2001: Message edited by: Gregory ]

hi there
    goo for the TS2424 a lot better saw for the money.... i JUST got mine today and i went to HD and talked them into giving me a 10% discount...now i am very happy camper [img]smile.gif[/img]... got it for 540.00 and it has the hurc u lift wheel things

good luck
    brian

Comment

How much difference in price is there (the prices have all changed since I bought mine)?

The Herculift mobility kit is slick.

The webbed wings make it much easier to attach featherboards. Easy to use safety features are ones that get used.

Jake (or another Emerson type) will be so kind to correct me if my memory is poor, but I believe the motor on the TS2412 is not a full bearing motor, and the TS2424 is.

The fence is larger on TS2424, right?

About those reviewers. Do they "dog" Delta as well? Delta Contractor's Saws have never used a TEFC motor.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X