Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEFT Clear Wood Finish

Hi all,

I'm working on a picture frame made of Purpleheart and Paduk. I want to try the DEFT Clear Wood finish (Lacquer)but I've heard the smell is very bad.. anyone have experience with this product (and it's odor) and is the finish as good as everyone says?

Thanks!
    hi karma deft better be good or i spent alot of money for custom cabinetry in our new house for nothing cause thats what the guys that made them used all cabinets are 3/4 hickory w/ tombstone raised panels finished in clear 4yrs old noproblems yet good luck bill

Comment

The smell of lacquer gives me an instant headache. Many perfumes do also. Best I've been able to determine in half-hearted research is that it's the acetate/actone group that does it to me. But, why would you care about my headaches?

Most people don't find the smell of lacquer unbearable. You should wear an organic solvents mask while applying it for your health, and have good ventilation for the same reason. Given those, and good care regarding the combustible fumes, you should be alright. Most of the smell goes away quickly.

Dave

Comment

Working...
      X