X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer problems

Has this happened to anyone else. bought my ridgid jointer @ HD. Time to replace the blades/knives. HD doesn't stock any accessories for the jointers they sell (shocking I know)Went to Ridgid.com. they will sell every part to the jointer except the blades. Those have to be purchased where I bought the jointer. I love this, HD won't order them for me cuzz they can't find them in the catalog. Not just 1 HD either have tried 3 in my area all singing the same tune. I know have a $400 jointer that i can't use because i can't get $20 blades. What a company.

try www.ridgidparts.com
    Andy B.

Comment

thanks already tried ridgidparts.com they'll sell you everything but the blades, lol

Comment

Did you try this page? http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/woodacc.phtml You will have to scroll down to find them.
        Andy B.

Comment

yes, tried that. They show they have them but when you try and order they say they no longer carry them.

Comment

These blades are available at Home Depot's in Canada(not sure about USA) but if you quote them the model # AC8600, at the Depot, they should be able to order it for you or tell if local stores have stock. If that fails try 1-800-265-6778(Techtronic Ind.) and ask for the distributor in your area. If you're close to the Canadian border it might be worth while crossing over to buy your blades. Good luck.

Comment

Andy B. is correct. However, on the web page it mentions to call 866-539-1710 to order. Thanks.

Comment

Fairkid,

Where are you from. I have 2 hd.'s in the area and both carry the jointer knives. Maybe this is not the norm, but one of the stores is selling them for $6. the other for $12. I bought three sets last month.

Jim

Comment

You don't have to get Ridgid Blades. When I replace mine, I'll measure them and get Freud blades. They are better anyway. Freud makes all sizes and shapes. Check it out.

Just my opinion.

Comment

I found knives for mine through Amana Tool They have a dealer locator on their site. Punch in your zip code and find them locally or order them on line.
                    Part # P220 or P230 should work.

Comment

International Tool is another good source for blades online, they either have the size you need or they will get it for you! at FAIR prices

Comment

when i first got my jointer i was having serious snipe issues. no matter what i did i had this problem. upon closer inspection, i noticed, believe it or not, that one of the blades was cracked horizontally along the honed end. I called ridgid and they gladly sent me out a new set. but i couldnt wait to use my new toy so i went down to my local sears store and picked up a set of craftsman 6" blades and they fit perfect. I have seen them at most sears stores and sears hardware stores. so if you want them today head down to sears and pick up a set. I dont understand why HD does not carry these blades. if i am not mistaken they carry the thickness planer blades? i guess because they can not be sharpened. I did not know freud made them. If you are close to a woodcraft or a rockler, they will likely stock 6" jointer blades as well. But the easiest solution is to take a ride to sears/sears hardware. everyone i have been at carrys them
                        \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

For Riggid parts try - www.ordertree.com - Then put in you part number and hit the search button.
                          Dude

Comment

Alhough it is a little frustrating the way Ridgid has made HD their "exclusive" retailer, yet you can't always get everything from them, the jointer knives are really nothing special, and most any 6" or 6-1/8" replacement knife will work.

The size to look for are 6-1/8" long, 11/16" wide, and 1/8" thick. Amazon sells a multitude of replacement knives made by Freud. At the time I ordered mine (mid October), the 11/16" size had a notice of about 2 weeks while the 3/4" was listed as "in stock" ships in 2 days. I didn't figure 1/16" would make much difference, so I order the 3/4".

I was surprised at the number of "re-adjustments" I had to make to allow for that 1/16". Not only did I have to turn the jackscrews in about as far as they would go, I had to raise the outfeed table, raise the infeed table, and make a sideways slot in the mounting hole of the plastic "zero adjust" marker to get it to line-up again. Overall, I actually got things adjusted much better than I ever had it before, but I'm really glad I only oversized by a 1/16" or it might not have worked. If possible, stick with the correct size, 11/16".

Jim

Comment

Have you tried getting parts from www.shopquailhaven.com? Their catalog is currently under construction, but they've been able to help me in the past.

Comment

Working...
                              X