X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• table saw 2400 outfeed table

Does anyone have any ideas for an outfeed table for the TS2400LS i have some thoughts for a detachable folding table , but want some other ideas or a picture of how to mount it would be great , i will most likley use my table idea just need some help mounting
    Thanks Robert
    R.S. Anderson

Re: table saw 2400 outfeed table

I made a detachable outfeed table for my TS2400 the other day. I attached it to the saw using L brackets that attach to four bolts on the back side fence of the saw. The saw still maintains its portability while having the ability to add on an outfeed table when it is needed. It works great.

Comment

try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZyguUCdw4s im in the process for starting to build this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChucker View Post
        I made a detachable outfeed table for my TS2400 the other day. I attached it to the saw using L brackets that attach to four bolts on the back side fence of the saw. The saw still maintains its portability while having the ability to add on an outfeed table when it is needed. It works great.

Thanks Chucker,

Could you supply more details please?

Bob
        Last edited by rberry; 09-15-2008, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Here are some pics of the table.

On top of the L brackets connected to the back of the table, I made a sandwich of five 1/2 plywood boards that is afixed to the table. On top of that sits the detachable outfeed table made of 3/4" mdf and hardboard. The table is connected to the support boards with two 3/8" bolts that can be easily removed.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by TheChucker; 09-15-2008, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChucker View Post
            Here are some pics of the table.

On top of the L brackets connected to the back of the table, I made a sandwich of five 1/2 plywood boards that is afixed to the table. On top of that sits the detachable outfeed table made of 3/4" mdf and hardboard. The table is connected to the support boards with two 3/8" bolts that can be easily removed.

Thanks Chucker,

(1) Was there a problem with the rail wanting to slip when you removed the nuts in order to instal the brackets?

(2) How many brackets did you use?

(3) Which of the rail bolts did you use?

(4) Why did you use such long brackets that they required the use
            of so many strips of ply to bring outfeed table surface up to the
            level of the saw table?

(5) If you were to do it again, what would you do differently?

Chucker, it sure is a beautiful job!

Bob

Comment

Bob,

1. I did not have a problem with the rail slipping as I attached one bracket/bolt at a time and then moved on to the next.

2. I used 4 brackets total to correspond with the four bolts on the back rail.

3. I used the bolts located inside on the back fence rail. There are two on the extension wing, and two located just above the cord spool.

4. I used the longer bracket to give the platform more room to sit on. I could only find brackets that were as long as they were high, and since I wanted them to stick out further from the saw, they consequently sat lower.

5. I guess the brackets could sit a little higher, but only at the expense of losing length, unless you could find brackets that were longer than they were higher. I do think though that the thick plywood base provides a pretty solid platform for the table to sit on.

Comment

Thanks Chucker,

I sure appreciate it.

Bob

Comment

just a thought, where is the slot for the blade guard/splitter?
                  there's a solution to every problem.....you just have to be willing to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
                    just a thought, where is the slot for the blade guard/splitter?

A what? never heard of that part before.... oh, that thing that sits in the corner of the garage since the day I bought it?

Comment

TheChucker
                      Two questions first how hard or easy is it once you have it set up to take the table off? My saw not only gets used in the shop but also go to job sites. I also store it next to the wall since my shop is only about twelve feet wide.

Second question can you do up a set of plans?

Jim
                      http://www.jcremodeling.net/

Comment

I have a ts3650 and was trying to figure how to have an outfeed table that was not always in the way or that I constantly had to move. I chose to use 22" heavy duty drawer slides. That allows me to use a table of approx. 18" wide as I can extend the table as far a needed but still be compact enough to be out of the way. A simple spring clamp will hold it stationary when needed. The entire table can be removed in the same manner as removing a drawer in a cabinet. This works great for me.

Comment

Two questions first how hard or easy is it once you have it set up to take the table off? My saw not only gets used in the shop but also go to job sites. I also store it next to the wall since my shop is only about twelve feet wide.

Second question can you do up a set of plans?
                          The table is very easy to remove. If you look at one of the pictures I attached, you can see two star knobs that screw on to the bolts for the table. You simply unscrew those, remove the bolts and take off the table. The legs fold in under the table as well so that the total depth of the table for storage is about 2.5" thick. I store the table saw in a cabinet when it is not in use along with the outfeed table.

The outfeed table is 29" long x 42" wide and sits level with the height of the table saw thanks to the adjustable feet that I screwed into the bottom of the legs. It is made out of 3/4" mdf with 1/8" hardboard on top of that. I framed out the table with 3/4" maple that I had laying around which creates a very sturdy and stiff surface to work on.

I don't currently have a set of plans, if I have time I can try to draw some up.
                          Last edited by TheChucker; 09-24-2008, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmaynard View Post
                            I have a ts3650 and was trying to figure how to have an outfeed table that was not always in the way or that I constantly had to move. I chose to use 22" heavy duty drawer slides. That allows me to use a table of approx. 18" wide as I can extend the table as far a needed but still be compact enough to be out of the way. A simple spring clamp will hold it stationary when needed. The entire table can be removed in the same manner as removing a drawer in a cabinet. This works great for me.
                            jmaynard got any pics for that? How did u mount it to the saw ?

DAN

Comment

I use the Ridgid FlipTop and am happy with it. HD has them on sale from time to time.

Comment

Working...
                              X