Crown Mouldig Installation Price...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crown Mouldig Installation Price...

Just wondering what you guys charge for installing basic crown - hourly or per foot, extra charge per miter cuts?
    I want to get a ballpark idea of what other trim carpenters are getting in various parts of the States.
    I usually charge $5/LF and $10/extra joints (no charge for 4 basic corners) for crown up to 5" and flat ceilings.

Re: Crown Mouldig Installation Price...

Man your in Cal., I charge around $2.00 L.F., $3.00 L.F. for texture ceilings, and if I have to run caulking because of gaps I'll charge $1.00 L.F., this is in MN., and they still b%#!% about that. So most of the time I just tell them what I think is going to happen (each job is a little different) and quote them a bid, based on my L.F., and nobody complains then, weird. Here where I live, most of the houses are 100 yrs or older, so in order to get a nice look caulking is used, unless there is wood on the walls. There are a lot of homes with T&G walls, alot. I wish I could charge what you do, but if I tried I don't think I'll win any bids. But I'm ok with what I charge because are cost of living is a lot cheaper then Cal. or NY.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Not exactly sure what to charge for crown installation, I've done a few crown installations where I've charged a flat rate of $30.00 an hour (me and my equipment) with them helping These were special requests and there were lots of corners, angles and transistions etc. I guess it depends on how straightforward the job is. It can be very time consuming test fitting corners etc. Then having to caulk all the gaps along the walls and cielings. One way to speed things up is to use a cant strip behind the crown. Eliminates finding all the cieling joists etc.

I heard or read somewhere that you know your price is in the ballpark when you're batting about 80% on your bids, that is you lose about 20% of your quotes.

Sometimes if a certain job is rather ugly I'll bid it fairly high, if I get it great if I dont then I didn't really want it anyway

Good Luck
      Cheers! - Jim
      -------------
      All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by jbergstrom View Post

Sometimes if a certain job is rather ugly I'll bid it fairly high, if I get it great if I dont then I didn't really want it anyway

Good Luck

Yeah me too

Comment

Working...
        X