X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incra vs. Kreg miter gauge

I am looking at the incra and kreg miter gauges as an update for my table saw. I was just looking for some opinions on what gauge you guys favored.

Re: Incra vs. Kreg miter gauge

The Kreg looks nice but I've never used one. On the other hand, I own and am very happy with my Incra V27, though it benefits from adding a fence.

A good friend has a Woodhaven Deluxe that's pretty impressive...definitely worth looking at.

Comment

I've had my Kreg for almost a year and it has always been dead on accurate. I would buy it again if needed.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Incra 1000SE is my recommendation.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I like the Incra, too. The Kreg just looked too fiddly! Probably a bad way to make a decision. It's just that with the Incra, a single look and I could tell how it worked, what all was involved and etc.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

hey, The wood craft flyer this month indicates the V27 Miter gauge incra is on sale, and also the woodcraft version of the 1000SE Incra is on sale

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Incra 1000SE is my recommendation.
              I agree. I LOVE my 1000SE.

Comment

Incra V27 is 20% off at Amazon. Use code: PTA2OOFF

Comment

Originally posted by brnhornt View Post
                  Will the use of one of these telescoping miter guages essentially eliminate the need for my compound miter saw - at least for pieces only a few feet long or shorter??

I like THAT idea if my thinking is correct.
                  Stay well and play well.
                  Skip

Comment

Originally posted by brnhornt View Post
                    Wasn't that a Dire Straits song...oh, never mind...

Hey, Incra 1000SE fans - How close to the saw blade does the 1000SE get? I see a measuring scale on it, and that would seem to be a nice feature, but how do you "calibrate" the scale to zero? Zero being contact with the blade!

- djb
                    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Originally posted by skipsax View Post
                      Will the use of one of these telescoping miter guages essentially eliminate the need for my compound miter saw - at least for pieces only a few feet long or shorter??

I like THAT idea if my thinking is correct.
                      I wouldn't go so far as to say it would eliminate the need for a CMS but personally I don't use my CMS as often as I used to since I got the 1000SE.

Originally posted by djb View Post

Hey, Incra 1000SE fans - How close to the saw blade does the 1000SE get? I see a measuring scale on it, and that would seem to be a nice feature, but how do you "calibrate" the scale to zero? Zero being contact with the blade!

- djb
                      You can get it as close to the blade as you like. My preference is to have the end of the 1000SE that is closest to the blade 1" away from the blade. I then compensate for that 1" by adjusting where I place the stock against the fence on the miter gauge. I chose 1" only because it's easy to adjust where I place the piece that's being cut.

Last edited by BadgerDave; 03-10-2007, 05:15 PM.
                      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by djb View Post

<snip>

- djb
                        Yep, "Miters for nothin' and the chips are free", is my favorite line.
                        Later,
                        Chiz

Comment

Another vote for the Incra 100SE. I looked at several miter gauges and decided on the Incra. I am very happy with it. Very well built and works as advertised.

Comment

Working...
                          X