X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryobi Biscuit Joiner

Has anyone bought or used the Ryobi biscuit joiner it looks like it has a nice fence on it to see what you are doing. I am looking at this one or the Freud, I don't have a lot of money to throw at one but I want a good one.
    I like orange tools!!!!!

Re: Ryobi Biscuit Joiner

I haven’t used the Ryobi but I have looked at it I have a cheapo no name brand biscuit jointer that I bought for $10 off of eBay that works ok, the Ryobi would be a step up. Most of the Ryobi tools are pretty good quality i have the BTS15 table saw and the BD4600 Belt disk sander and they are both pretty good tools for the home hobbyist. The table saw has no miter slot so jigs are a little limited and making a Zero clearance insert is a PITA. But it has been good to me with a lot of lumber run through it. The Belt disk sander is great easy to use and change belts/ disks.
    The best thing it could tell you is play with it at the store, try and wrestle from the display so you can manipulate it. if you like what you see compared to the other models on display buy it and play with it figure out dust collection, if you don't like it you have 90 days to decide if it works for your needs. if cost is an issue the price is a steal compared to the Festool

Comment

I you want a decent and inexpensive one, skip the Ryobi and get this one...

http://www.freudtools.com/woodworker...00A/JS100A.jpg

Comment

I use the Ryobi Biscuit Joiner - excellent tool for the price.

Comment

I've been using my Ryobi for almost 6 years now and have not even thought of replacing it. If I did need a new one it would be another Ryobi.
          info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I really liked the freud but I was looking at it today at Menards, and noticed that the fence doesn't tilt for angle cuts. That I believe would be uncomfortable for me since I have never used a joiner before. It does have a spinning blade you know!! I think I will get the Ryobi. I will probably have to play around with it a little bit. Thanks for the advise.
            I like orange tools!!!!!

Comment

Frued has 2 models - one with a fixed fence and one with an adjustable fence.

Comment

Hartness 53,

You said you have never used a biscuit jointer before. Here is a small piece of advice for what it is worth. Clamp the wood tightly into which you plan to plunge the cutter. One day, in a hurry, I didn't. I just pushed the wood against the bench dogs. The cutter contacted the wood and sent it winging across the shop. Scary!

Tom

Comment

I have the Ryobi. I bought it about a year ago. I like it, except the fence is a little tough to dial in sometimes. I wish it had just one knob to lock it in instead of one on each side. As far as the dust collection and all the other features I like it a lot.

Comment

Working...
                  X