X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer

I am doing some homework before I buy my first Jointer. I would like to get some opinions from owners of the Ridgid Jointer.

I'd buy it again.
    Support Our Troops!
    www.mnpatriotguard.org
    www.patriotguard.org

Comment

I havew had the 610 jointer for a month or so. I shopped the market from Delta to Jet to Grizzly, etc. In my opinion the Ridgid jointer is the best bang for the buck. I too would buy it again. the fence mechanism is heavy cast iron the fit and finish is the best of them all. My prior experience with Ridgid product and customer support has beenthat Ridgid cares about keeping its customers. I believe a search of rec.woodworking newsgroup will echo my enthusiasm for the JP610. Good luck.

Mike Narges

Comment

I bought my JP0610 about 2 months ago and I'm very happy with it. I too shopped around for months looking at the Delta and Jet models and chose the Ridgid.

John
        Eastchester, NY

Comment

I am very happy with mine. I have had it 8 months.
          It has never bothered me but I read on a review the only drawback they found was the fence only tilted one way, back. Never needed it to tilt forward.

Comment

I love mine also. But the fence does tilt both ways - 45 degrees forward and "135 degrees" back (45 degrees beyond the 90). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

The older JP0600 is the one with an "out only" fence. Still, a nice machine, the JP0610 must be even nicer.

Dave

Comment

I've looked at it many times---will be in the running if my old one gives out. My only comment---crumby ergonomics---the bed is the lowest I've ever seen--but, happily, an easy fix for the user.
                Dave

Comment

Hehe, that's one of the things I like about it. My lives permanently just under the left wing of the tablesaw, if it was just a little taller it wouldn't fit.

Guys like you and I must drive tool designers nuts, huh Dave? They need to make them adjustable in height.

Dave

Comment

Dave---isn't it a little hard jointing an edge with your jointer sitting under the table saw wing? Humm--adjustable stands---there's an interesting idea
                    Dave

Comment

Dave (and Dave!)

I made a mobile base for mine, which put it at the "perfect" height for me! If it had a taller table, it would have been too high.........
                      Support Our Troops!
                      www.mnpatriotguard.org
                      www.patriotguard.org

Comment

No, it isn't hard. The back of the machine is under, when the fence is all the way back it is just a little forward of the saw wing.

Biggest danger is to visitors, who don't expect something like a jointer bed sticking out right there. It snagged a friend pretty close to where it would really have hurt. He works for Delta, and swore the machine must have known that.

Dave

Comment

Working...
                        X