X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ridgid BS and Grizly riser block

Dont want to stir up a hornets nest again but just bought the Griz riser kit and slaped it on the ridgid 1402 BS fit great except for one thing... The upper extension bar for the griz is a smaller diamter than the ridgid one which lets the steel ball fall out. How did others who used the griz riser block get around this or did you have to order the Ridgid extension bar for this part?

Re: ridgid BS and Grizly riser block

The steel ball fell out of mine and rolled away, I couldn't find it. So, as is my nature, I just didn't use it. Everything works fine, I have no idea what that ball does and it doesn't seem to matter.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

When I first took the Ridgid one off I heard a distinct tink tink tink tink and realized something was running away after about an hour of searching at 9pm at night I found the steel ball at the end of the driveway. Looks like I will give it a try without the ball not sure what it is there for exept maybe to provide tension against the bar when adjusting the height. Thanks for your reply Rafael.

Comment

IF you can figure out what it does please let me know, maybe it is actually important.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I don't know much about bandsaws, but if it was a single ball it may
          be some sort locking ball usually that sets in the bottom of a hole behind
          a knobbed locking screw, adjusting screw or pull knob.
          The screw pushes up against the ball to usually lock it or hold the ball into some sort
          of rail, groove or hole.

Just a thought ..
          Last edited by Davet; 03-14-2007, 03:48 AM.

Comment

I posted the same issue in this thread. http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...ht=riser+block.
            The ball is there to hold the support post after you've loosened the knob so the whole works won;t drop on to the cast iron table top.
            All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous

Comment

WHen I loosesn the knob it doesn't drop. I guess the ball doesn't matter much.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
              X