X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new Ridgid router

Hello everyone, my first post on this forum. Just now starting to get some Ridgid tools. Other than pipe wrenches which I've had for about 40 years.
    I now have the Ridgid drill press, 15GA air nailer, & the new router combo kit which I absolutely enjoy using. My question: I want to put a square baseplate that I made on my fixed router base & drop it in a router table that I made for my table saw extension. Trouble is I cant figure out how to get the handles off the router base. The parts description shows a plug & then a scres under that. I CANT GET THE PLUGS OUT. I contacted Ridgid & they say they cant advise on dissassembling the product. Any ideas??

Thanks
    David

Re: The new Ridgid router

David, welcome. I would call the Ridgid Service Center in Iowa and ask them if they can help you out.

Blink Electric Motors
    Rear 116 N. First Ave
    Marshaltown
    IA,50158
    TEL: (641) 752-3036
    Fax: (641) 752-7475

They might be a little more inclined to give you an answer. Ridgid Customer Service probably wouldn't tell you because you might be voiding the warranty and LLSA protection for that base by damaging the handles. I say that because it sounds to me like the plugs are glued in and not made to be removed.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by david0075 View Post
      I CANT GET THE PLUGS OUT.
      you aren't the only one:

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=router+handle

Comment

I drilled the plugs out and then removed the screws.

DWC

Comment

Just wanted to thank y'all for the info. I called Blink Electric Motors & talked to Jason. He called Ridgid for me & they told him that they just popped out. I guess they must be sorta disposable or something. Probably got to replace them. Anyway for my problem, I went with a larger base plate & left the handles on. Still think that is one nice router set though.

David

Comment

Working...
          X