X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bandsaw blade length

I picked up a rebuilt Ridgid 1400 a few months ago and with a little tweaking I like it just fine. A good score on a Ridgid riser kit and I'm ready to do some light resawing except... I don't know what the blade length would be. Heck, for that matter I don't know what the stock length I'm running up till now has been. I guess I could run a string around the wheels and measure but couln't the length be variable depending on the tension - how much does that change it? Apologies for beig dense but when i see a selection of lengths that varies only and inch or two I get a little intimidated about the right choice.

TIA,
    Chiz
    Later,
    Chiz

Re: Bandsaw blade length

Can you download a manual for it based on model #?
    Are all Ridgid 1400 bandsaws created equal? Here's a 1400 with a 93½" blade: Click Me.

- djb
    sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Well, I dropped Ridgid an e-mail and will post back their response.
      Later,
      Chiz

Comment

humm here you go .... again

Specifications
        Input: 3/4 HP TEFC induction, 10/5 Amps., 120 / 240 V No Load Speed: 2,700 FPM Blade Widths: 1/8 in. – 3/4 in. Blade Length: 93-1/2 in. Table: 14 in. x 14 in. cast iron Table Tilt: -10° – 45° right Frame: cast iron Throat Width: 13-5/8 in. Depth-of-Cut: 6 in. Tool Weight: 178 lb.
        9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

It is easy to figure out. The stock saw takes a 93 1/2 inch blade. If you install a 6 inch riser block the new lenght is 93 1/2 + (6*2)=105 1/5.
          SSG, U.S. Army
          Retired
          K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Working...
          X