Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Going to buy a TS2400LS table saw. Any advice (where, when, what accesories, etc)? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Going to buy a TS2400LS table saw. Any advice (where, when, what accesories, etc)

Thanks Woussko:
    1- No way. I need to store it folded in my garage and work all around. Don't have a proper workshop yet (although planned in case I win the lottery- if I start buying tickets...-, or if and when I start working in a "decent" job -now teacher full time-).
    2- Great advice! Thanks. NM is between Frederick and Mt. Airy (about 30-40 min from Middletown on a good day). I may do that if only for the fun of it.
    Enjoy your evening.
    Saul

Comment

Re: Going to buy a TS2400LS table saw. Any advice (where, when, what accesories, etc)

For what it's worth I live in "Insanityville" down to your south some. I know the Frederick area pretty well. Back some time ago there was a good auction barn off of US340 near the Jefferson exit. They had landlord issues and gave up for now until they can find a good place to hold them. The owners have another business that keeps them busy for now.

Do you get over to the downtown part of Baltimore much? If yes, you should visit SKARIE, Inc. over there. They sell tons of all manor of woodworking machinery and accessories. Parking gets a bit wild but sometimes you'll find a meter on the street. Just be sure to watch the time or you may get a parking ticket. This place has loads of both new and used machinery to look over. If you can get into the basement and also the upper back room you'll go totally crazy with eyes bugging out.

http://www.skarie.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        Do you get over to the downtown part of Baltimore much? If yes, you should visit SKARIE, Inc. over there. They sell tons of all manor of woodworking machinery and accessories. Parking gets a bit wild but sometimes you'll find a meter on the street. Just be sure to watch the time or you may get a parking ticket. This place has loads of both new and used machinery to look over. If you can get into the basement and also the upper back room you'll go totally crazy with eyes bugging out.

http://www.skarie.com/
        Looks to me that you have said enough to get as far from there as I can, but I guess it is "this something wrong in our genes"... I wrote down the address, phone # and hours and next time I will be in the area there is where I am going first.....
        Thanks Woussko!
        Last edited by Sol; 04-09-2007, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Good list there, Sol! Might want to get some of the new Jet bar clamps. As well as some of the Quick-Grip kind of clamps. Generally, you're going to want a good assortment of bar clamps. And every other kind of clamp you can find..

Woussuko has some great ideas. Next time I'm in Baltimore, I'll have to look up Skarie's!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

See it as done, Sandy!!
            Thanks a lot!
            Have a great one.
            Saul

Comment

Sol

You just may end up having to go over to Charles Town Races & Slots and pray hard that you can win some big money. (Good luck to you) All of these nice new toys cost some good money.

Special news: Skarie used to be (I think they still are) a big Bosch and Porter-Cable dealer. They should have info and maybe a setup display-demo of the Bosch table saw. If nothing else, they would know a good bit about them. Around here I mostly see remodeling contractors with the Dewalt DW744S portable (not the little tiny one) and they seem to really like them. I think the Bosch is more refined, but you might want to look at this one and price it. I haven't had a chance to really check out the Bosch for myself so I can't say what I think of it.

Sandy

If you happen to see this, there's a good woodworking machinery dealer near Lorton, VA.
              Fries Beall and Sharp, Inc.
              http://fries-beall-sharp-inc.com/
              Last edited by Woussko; 04-10-2007, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Sol,
                I have a Bosch 4000 and a Porter-Cable 3812, which I got too good of a deal on to pass up. The P-C is a decent portable TS, but I still feel that the Bosch is the most refined potable saw available.

Comment

A saw blade buying opportunity has returned to Woodnet.net recently. There's a Leitz distributor offering great clearance prices on German made Leitz brand, and Leitz made Irwin Woodoworking series and Delta Industrial blades. This is his 3rd round on these and his selection has dwindled alot since he first offered them, but there are still some super deals on some very nice blades. In particular, he's still got some 10" 24T FTG thin kerf rippers for $10! They're identical to the $46 HO Schumacher & Sohn blades. They're also comparable to the Freud LU87 for about half the cost. He doesn't really have anything left that's comparable to the LU88R010 IMO, so I'd suggest still pursuing that one thru Amazon, Ebay, or other.

I've tried 4 or 5 of his blades so far and find them a tough value to beat. I even ordered two more just today, mostly out of curiosity! (who can pass up a great deal?! ) His service is excellent and his shipping is reasonable. The LU87 would be ~ $35 shipped from Amazon right now.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/att...9&d=1175988210

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr... psed&sb=5&o=7

Comment

Sandy:
                    You just may end up having to go over to Charles Town Races & Slots and pray hard that you can win some big money. (Good luck to you) All of these nice new toys cost some good money.
                    Well, I never tried this stuff, and it looks to me that it is already too late to start.... I guess I'll just have to keep sweating form my tools...

Special news: Skarie used to be (I think they still are) a big Bosch and Porter-Cable dealer........

If you happen to see this, there's a good woodworking machinery dealer near Lorton, VA.
                    Fries Beall and Sharp, Inc.
                    Thanks Sandy, both on my list.

Thanks Newman for the tip

A saw blade buying opportunity has returned to Woodnet.net recently.....
                    heewod, already tried to email last night, did not go thru, it did this morning. Hope to make it on time....
                    Thanks. Have a great day, all of you!
                    Last edited by Sol; 04-11-2007, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X