X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ridgid Workshop

I just created a new home workshop using mostly Ridgid tools. I did use Delta for the air cleaner and vacuum and a Craftsman 14" drillpress. I thought the stand for the Ridgid was not large enough to provide good stability and I like the Craftman's cross laser. I have attached pictures if anyone has suggestions on the arrangement (all the Ridgid tools except the joiner are on casters).
    Attached Files

Re: New Ridgid Workshop

Ya, scatter them around and start using them, LOL. To clean there, just kidding around, you got your self some nice tools there!! Benches, you need more and some overhead cabinets. Table saw is usually the center piece, chop saw and jointer up against the wall, same w/drill press. How big is your room and what else do you have for your workshop? From what I can see your room looks to be about 12'x10', the pictures look like your room might be inside your house in a newly remodeled basement. Are the receptacles all on the same breaker?
    Last edited by garager; 03-17-2007, 03:26 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Nice collection of Ridgid tools Morkins!
      Hope you got a discount if you bought them all at once!

I'm green with envy !

Comment

No discount!
        Garager,
        You are right - a remodeled bedroom in the basement. Removed carpet and epoxyed the floor. Actually, the room in 13X16 with a 3X10 foot closet. My other "retirement toys" are mostly in the closet (most on a shelf). They are 2 routers and a small router table, Dewalt miter saw on a fold up stand (Ridgid, no less), compressor and two nail guns, dove-tail jig (Porter Cable), sanders including the new small Porter Cable belt sander, 2 portable work benches, cabinet for stains and varnishes, pocket hole jib, mortising jib, tendoning jig, hand planer. Also have some lumber storage in the closet. I also have a Jet mini-lathe on the workbench shelf. Ain't retirement hell????
        The picture is of my first project (bed and two night stands).
        Attached Files

Comment

The bed and nightstands are beautiful! nice work there. Welcome to the forums.

Nice selection of clamps ya got, too. And I see you even have a ZCI already set. Personally, I like to have lots of room around tools like the band saw and table saw. I keep my planer on a moblie (Ridgid) stand, so that gets moved around a lot. The router table and drum sander are also both mobile, and come out to the middle area only when needed.

Congrats on a great workshop!! I look forward to seeing pics of your new projects.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

A suggestion on uploading images.

Your photos are large in size but poor quality.
            Did you change the compression of the images to reduce the filesize and get under the image size restriction of the Forum?

If yes I would suggest that you try resizing the images next time. Say to 640x480. You can use the image resizer in WinXP (if that's your OS) or a graphics program to reduce the filesize by reducing the image size.

I checked the image size (height & width) of the photo of the bedroom set and it is 2272 x 1704 and the image filesize is 112558 bytes. Most digital cameras are now over 4 Mega-pixel so the only way I see you could have kept this image size and reduced the filesize is to increase the JPEG compression factor or reduce the number of colors in the image. In either case reducing the image size (height & width) is a better choice.

Try it next time.
            Last edited by Bob D.; 03-18-2007, 10:21 AM.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

You are most certainly set up, the closet will be great to keep the small tools out of your way. Yes, welcome to the forum. The band saw and table saw needs to be centered in the room, everything you got darn near is portable which is great, you might want to consider wall brackets for lumber storage, something like this maybe. Your lighting looks to be very good, retirement?? don't know how that feels, and probably never will, since I work for myself and there won't be any S.S. left for me when I turn of age, maybe the lottery will be good to me someday... Keep us posted on projects and your shop...

http://www.amazon.com/West-Wall-Moun...235568&sr=1-45
              Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
              X