Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first RIGID tool

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to the forum and have purchased my first RIGID tool, my tablesaw TS3560. I have an assortment of other manufacturers but I must say for the price the Rigid tablesaw has far out done my greatest expectations. It's quiet and well built. Took me approx. 4 hours to put it together by myself, and boy is that thing heavy, but everything works right and I'm quite happy.

I've spent about 3 days reading every post on this forum and I've seen some good designs for the router table on the side of the tablesaw, which I have built and it works awesome, so thanks to those who thought up the designs.

My wife and I enjoy working in our small shop together. We have almost everysaw known to man and we love making projects for the family. We usually llike using solid wood (cherry, walnut and oak are our favourites). Our shop is 17' x 16' and since we live up here in Canada, we usually have to heat in the winter time (it's a 2 car garage with no cars in it - wife get's a little ticked off about that some times). But we have fun out there none the less.

I have added some photos of our place as well.

Well, thanks again for all the awesome ideas, if I have any I will certainly post them up for others to use.

Thanks,

Darrin (a.k.a Sarge)

www.picasaweb.google.com/dchasty/workshop
    Last edited by sarge; 03-17-2007, 10:30 PM. Reason: wrong link

Re: My first RIGID tool

Welcome aboard. Although I dont have a 3650 I cant say I dont want one someday. The saw is really great (I push them all the time at work) and yes they are HEAVY.

Here is a hint though, when your wife starts getting on you case about using the garage for her car (what in the world is she thinking? ) just start thinking about planning that next project she really wants to work on.

Comment

Congrats, Sarge!! We look forward to pics and posts from both of you on your projects. Enjoy the saw...it's really a great piece of work.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Congrats on the start to Ridgid tools. I have the 3650, the Drill Press, the Spindle Sander and really think Ridgid has a solid lineup. There are others to consider like the jointer, planer, etc.

Good luck on your quest.

Comment

As already mentioned, welcome to the forum. There's a multitude of knowledge here, don't be shy asking questions. Enjoy the saw, I have one and love it.
          If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
          X