Delta Band Saw riser block ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delta Band Saw riser block ?

I have a 14" Delta BS and sometimes see a new riser block on eBay for sale. After installing it, won't the blade holder now be too short for cutting small pieces? How is it extended? My saw has a 15/16" round rod with one flat milled all the way down. Can this stock be bought somewhere?

Mark
    Last edited by The Wood Meister; 03-18-2007, 12:06 PM.
    Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Re: Delta Band Saw riser block ?

they come with a new extended guide. if the delta doesn't, you could get a machine shop to turn a piece of 1'' round stock down to 15/16'' and then mill it flat on 1 side.

is the delta and ridgid the same riser?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I don't know about the Ridgid block.

Here is the block on ebay. It appears to be the block only, no rod or extra long bolt. I have a friend that has a machine shop and could make the new rod. Not sure I need to increase the size but seeing some of the re-sawn pieces looks inviting for my lathe projects!

Wow!! $110 for the whole kit! May think twice before doing that upgrade.

Mark
      Last edited by The Wood Meister; 03-18-2007, 01:16 PM.
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Look at the Grizzly one, it's about $60. I got one for my ridgid and it works fine.
        http://www.grizzly.com/products/h7316
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

hey Rafael, you say that riser block fits a Ridgid? I'm a little confused with this. My Ridgid BS is a BS14002 (notice the 2). Do you think it'll still work? And again I ask whats the difference between the BS1400 to the BS14002?
          Dan

DAN

Comment

I'm confused too. Does the Grizzly riser fit the Delta/Rockwell too? It looks similar but ??????
            I emailed Grizzly and asked about the Delta and the Ridgid, I'll post when I get a reply.
            Mark
            Last edited by The Wood Meister; 03-19-2007, 06:36 PM.

Comment

I think the difference between the two ridgids is color and origin of components. I believe the designs are identical.
              RE: the delta, you might want to post on some of the other woodworking forums and see if someone used a grizzly or ridgid riser kit on it. If it works you can be sure someone has done it. I know it works on some craftsman saws.
              The saws are a pretty basic design that differs between manufacturers on motor placement and power, I'd imagine the grizzly/ridgid risers would work on many of them.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I got a reply from Grizzly today.

"Thank you for your email dated March 19, 2007.

We appreciate receiving your inquiry. Since we have no cross-references to other manufacturer's machines, I am unable to determine if the H7316 will fit the Delta or the Ridgid 14” bandsaws.
                I am sorry we could not be of more assistance to you.

Sincerely,
                Lisa

Customer Service

Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

EN#888

Comment

Don't Buy the Grizzly Riser Block Kit!

I just got the Grizzly riser block. $59 vs Ridgid's $153! Everything fit great, the block, (albiet the wrong color) , the bolt, the rear blade guard, the front blade guard....EXCEPT the upper blade adjustable support post! Wrong diameter rod. It's about a quarter inch smaller around than the Ridgid. Bummer!

To make matters worse, while trying to install the wrong post, I lost the "small pieces" that keep the post from falling out after being loosened! Arrgh! So now I have 12" resaw capacity but can only lower the upper blade guard to within 5 inches of my table. Both unsafe and inconvenient.

I will now have to get a machine shop to make me one. I partly blame Ridgid for pricing theirs out of my budget. This on top of all of the tweaking I did on that saw, balancing wheels, shoring up the support stand, replacing the belt, remounting the motor....ARRRGH!

I keep reading that everyone got a Grizzly riser for their BS14000 and "...it worked fine"! What gives? Did I order the wrong kit from Grizz?
                  All articles that coruscate with resplendence are not truly auriferous

Comment

AFAIK grizzly only has the one kit, maybe they changed it.
                    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Grizzly does have two riser kits, the H7316 and the H3051. I can't remember which one fits the Ridgid BS but I'm sure someone else here does.
                      Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
                      ------- Henry Ford

Comment

I must be missing a subtle difference, they look the same to me.
                        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Thanks for posting this. I just posted a question about this. I too think Ridgids price is way too high. I was hopng someone would have already found the answer. I guess it's not Grizzly. LOL

Comment

Yes the difference is the extension arm on one of the grizzly models is a slightly smaller diamater sorry I cant remember which model. I know I bought the wrong model and have been using the ridgid stock extension as most of my cuting has been er-sawing over 6 inches or so lately. One day I will get this rectified.

Comment

Working...
                            X