X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting vinyl

I have a set of vinyl shutters that I need to shave 1/4" off the hinged edge to get them to fit in the opening. Any recomendations on the best way to go about this? The stock is 5/8" thick.
    Last edited by AAP1X; 03-18-2007, 04:23 PM.

Re: Cutting vinyl

I assume you want to trim the stiles. You could use a hand held power planer or even a table saw to do this.

Comment

Re: Cutting vinyl

Table saw, w/80 or more teeth blade, or turn your blade backwards. Do not go too slow that it starts to melt and burn. Maybe practice on the outer edge first, so you get the feel of things and no damage is happening. Clean your blade afterwards, unless its already a crappy blade. I do have blades designated for that type of situation, there crappy and I turn them backwards less chance of chips flying then when teeth are facing vinyl, wear your safety glasses... Finish your edges w/file afterwards...
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
      X