X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• list for sale ?

Is there any fourms here to list items for sale ?
    I just dont have the time to use them anymore and hate to just let them sit in the unfinished shop I started last year.

Re: list for sale ?

No specific forum. The feeling was that if there was a spot for members to sell stuff it would get over run with commercial sales. A few members have posted items for sale so IMO post away,

Comment

Here is one forum where your list will be seen my many.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

jsmorgan -

That idea was abandoned for pretty good reasons, read this thread: Click Me.

The general consensus was to keep a "For Sale" section out of this Ridgid forum because these types of things have a tendency to get out of hand and/or be abused, and also because there are other avenues to sell tools. If you're not sure how to list your tools as "For Sale" on the internet in your area, maybe you could post a question in the General Topics section of this forum to get help with that. And that might solicit a "what ya got?" response from someone here.

There ya go, help from BadgerDave already!

- djb
        Last edited by djb; 03-19-2007, 08:47 AM. Reason: added BD's post
        sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Thanks guys I did'nt know if there was a place here or not I'll just go ahead and post them in a local classfieds.thanks for the help

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
            No specific forum. The feeling was that if there was a spot for members to sell stuff it would get over run with commercial sales. A few members have posted items for sale so IMO post away,
            HarmonyCentral.com is a musician's website with extensive forums. There is a "for sale" forum and it seems to manage itself very well. No commercial advertisements at all that I have noticed. That was a great way to advertise and sell an old guitar amplifier that I had. THAT WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA FOR THIS SITE...........Josh, are you reading this??????
            Baseball is wrong - man with four balls cannot walk.

Comment

Hey jsmorgan, I'd caution you about unloading the tools unless you have a real need for cash. Ya know, life throws you some curves and you do get, as you said, too busy. But, speaking from experience the urge doesn't die and when you finally get time it's a lot more expensive to replace those tools than to just keep them and use them when you can. Just a personal life experience observation - not a criticism. I haven't walked in your shoes. Whatever the final choice, God bless.
              Chiz
              Later,
              Chiz

Comment

Yeah good point ironhat guess it dont hurt for them to gather alittle dust from sitting and would mean I would'nt have to make time to go list everything the names and model # thats a weekend shot in its self.

Well just bought a new motorcycle this week and going take a ride this weekend and that will give me something more to ponder.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmorgan View Post
                  <snip>

Well just bought a new motorcycle this week and going take a ride this weekend and that will give me something more to ponder.

Have fun and chill your brain!
                  Later,
                  Chiz

Comment

Iron speaks the truth. I almost sold my tools a few years ago and now I'm buy new ones again. I wouldn't have got much for them compared to what they are worth to me now. I'm glad I didn't do it...even though I'm working my *** off in the trades again
                    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

If you post a note about something you want to get rid off someone might be looking. I picked up a "new" fence for my TS here just by talking around. BTW I now have a set of rails from my TS2412, make someone a really good deal!

Clayton

Comment

Originally posted by Clato View Post
                        If you post a note about something you want to get rid off someone might be looking. I picked up a "new" fence for my TS here just by talking around. BTW I now have a set of rails from my TS2412, make someone a really good deal!

Clayton
                        What about ebay?

I'm with Josh here, there is problems. I don't think you're a problem, because you asked first. You're just a guy unloading something you don't want, which could be of benifit to the members. But it opens the door to idiots that attempt to make a living off of sites like this.

Maybe you could privatly message members who seem to buy alot of tools.
                        the dog

Comment

I've had great results selling things on Craigs List. The ad is free and if you're near a metro area you get lots of visability. www.craigslist.org

Steve

Comment

Yup, if you live anywhere near a large city I'd go with CL. I like it much better than ebay because you can see the product in person before buying and you don't have to pay ebay or shipping fees.

Comment

Working...
                            X