• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Badger Dave...

Finally, after more than a year...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smorris
    Finally! After three missed opportunities, I got my $99 MSUV last night (Monday.)

Originally Posted by BadgerDave
    Did you have to drill any holes in the top to mount your typewriter?
    I'd forgotten about that! I haven't even opened the box yet. It's cold here, and the garage needs reorganized before I can even get to things. Once winter sets in, everything gets stacked around the MG, scooters, and other summer toys. The Christmas tree is blocking the workbench, and the typewriters are behind that. Glad you reminded me!
    http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...9664#post49664

Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Re: For Badger Dave...

See Steve, I told you it would work!
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That is one nice antique Royal typewriter there. Looks great Now the fun part is trying to type away on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
        That is one nice antique Royal typewriter there. Looks great Now the fun part is trying to type away on it.
        Boy that hurts when you say antique--that's what I learned to type on!!!! ( The Royal, not the MSUV)

Comment

Sorry PK

Would it hurt less if I replaced antique with the word vintage? Don't feel bad as in my attic I have one almost like this one. I used to have sore fingers after using it.

Does anyone have a DVORAK rather than QWERTY typewritter? If memory serves they were mostly just used on Lineotype machines. Now I really am feeling old. I'm sure that PK is a young guy next to this old guy here.
          Last edited by Woussko; 03-21-2007, 07:45 PM.

Comment

Sorry, it is an antique. Started production in 1914 and ended in the 20's.

Vintage is the wheel seen behind it. It is attached to a 1965 Vespa 180 Super Sport (as seen in my avatar.)

Last year, Dave stumbled upon my camera collection web page, and attached to it was my typewriters and printing press page.

http://www.morrisgarage.com/clique/collect.html

I finally dragged the Royal out for this photo before I mounted the Makita on the MSUV, but never got to it. It got cold and snowed again. Now the typewriter is wrapped back up and tucked in the corner again. The Christmas tree is still in the garage, though. I need a second garage/shop! I can't even find my stationary woodworking tools (which is part of the reason for the MSUV and MS)

I too learned to type on manual (non-electric) typewriters, so I know to really whack on the keys. Should have seen my daughters trying to type on it, though! "Where's the back-space?"
            Steve
            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Believe it or not, this used to be a really nice woodworking shop. Now the tools are all piled up along the wall, the workbenches are stacked with more stuff, the power tools are in boxes under the workbench, and the hand tools are tucked away in drawers.

For a *huge* version, click below (2.5 Mb.) See if you can identify four stationary power tools and a router table.

http://smorris.smugmug.com/photos/137733670-O.jpg

BTW, it normally doesn't look quite this bad. I still had to move some junk to get the typewriter out of the corner, and during the winter, we just sort of toss stuff out there. The Christmas tree, which belongs in the upright box rear left, is still piled on the floor stage right. Normally it is more like this

Josh, you probably should move this to the off-topic forum.
              Last edited by smorris; 03-21-2007, 08:46 PM.
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                Sorry PK

Would it hurt less if I replaced antique with the word vintage? Don't feel bad as in my attic I have one almost like this one. I used to have sore fingers after using it.

Does anyone have a DVORAK rather than QWERTY typewritter? If memory serves they were mostly just used on Lineotype machines. Now I really am feeling old. I'm sure that PK is a young guy next to this old guy here.
                Woussko, can you beat 74?

PK

Comment

Working...
                X