X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Workbench

I just bought this workbench on sale for 69.99. I thought it was a good deal, and I could put my spindle sander on it. During assembly I decided I could replace the cheap particle board top with a plywood top. Then had a revelation, I could put a piece of laminate board on top and could make the right side a router table and use it for both tools.(I could put the sander on the bottom shelf while routing large pieces.) But I would like to hear your opinions on using it for this purpose!
    I like orange tools!!!!!

Re: New Workbench

here is a link [URL="http://s7.sears.com/is/image/sears/00959763000"]http://s7.sears.com/is/image/sears/00959763000
    Last edited by Hartness53; 03-22-2007, 06:26 PM.
    I like orange tools!!!!!

Comment

That is a bad link
      Frank sigpic

Comment

I couldn't get your link to work, is this the bench you're talking about.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

That is the bench. Sorry about the link. I saved the picture, than when I went to insert it it asked me for a URL ??? Usually you can load from a file. I think the bench will be handy I might also try to put some casters on the bottom to make it moveable.
          I like orange tools!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hartness53 View Post
            I just bought this workbench on sale for 69.99. I thought it was a good deal, and I could put my spindle sander on it. During assembly I decided I could replace the cheap particle board top with a plywood top. Then had a revelation, I could put a piece of laminate board on top and could make the right side a router table and use it for both tools.(I could put the sander on the bottom shelf while routing large pieces.) But I would like to hear your opinions on using it for this purpose!
            Sounds like a good solution.
            I'd get locking casters, tho. Chasing a table with a router running is not a fun thing!
            Poplar Branch Wood Crafts

Comment

Originally posted by KenM View Post
              Sounds like a good solution.
              I'd get locking casters, tho. Chasing a table with a router running is not a fun thing!
              that all depends on what you consider fun
              9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
              X