X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• outfeed table

I have a outfeed table attached to my ts and ran up against a wee problem, and i was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem, here it is: when cutting 45 deg miters ,when i move the blade to the 45 deg position the motor housing hits the bottom of the outfeed table and actually bows it ,rasing it above the table of the saw, thus throwing the cut off, I think what im going to do is to mark where the motor housing is hitting and "scallop out" about 1/2 inch to allow for clearance ,but in doing so i will be weakening the out feed table , if anyone here has a better solution it will be welcomed
    thanks alot and hope you guys can help me out......

Re: outfeed table

Thats exactly what you need to do, a router will make it an easy job if you have one. Go to this link and take a close look at picture 5 or 6, Bob did a great job on his, doesn't look weak to me. I built mine a little different so I didn't run into this problem.

http://home.comcast.net/~sparc/woodworking.htm
    Last edited by garager; 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM.
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

IMHO, the small recessed area over the motor should not weaken the table that much as long as it isn't in the support structure. That close to the table, there will be little pressure on it as the cut piece will either be short and light or will be long enough that the saw is still supporting all the weight as it passes that spot. I currently just use another table behind my saw and bridge the gap with a piece of 1/8" hardboard and haven't had a problem with anything being too heavy for it.

Go.
      Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I encountered the same thing. all I did was move my outfeed (very crude for a first one!) table back to clear the motor. For me its only critical when running very long pieces anyway I haven't had any issues.

Clato

Comment

I had the same problem BUT having been retired over 23 years now I took the easy way out. I replaced the belt with one a litle bit longer that causd the motor to drop almost 1" and curing the problem with working too hard

Comment

Hairbear1951, I guess that'll work and since you already proved it. Welcome to the forum and please share all your tricks and tips and projects. Always interested in looking at some ones projects, see you in the forum.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
            X