X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2424, webbed wings, unifence

I got a unifence recently (on sale fore $100 or lower at Lowes if you can find them). I just realized this won't work with my Ridgid 2424 TS though because the fence system rests on the the table top and would get caught on the webbed wings. Anyone know if/where I can get solid cast iron wings for it or if there's a another way to get around this dilemma.

Re: 2424, webbed wings, unifence

You may be able to get a cast iron wing from Harbor Freight. I do know they had them in the past.
    Joe Spear

Comment

I just googled cast iron wing and found out that there is a Delta 27 x 10 inch one available. Amazon has it for $108, but Tyler Tool has refurbished ones for $74. I just got the Lowe's closeout Unifence, but it cost me $165, still a bargain.
      Joe Spear

Comment

You could cut inserts to fit into the recesses that the webs sit in. Mine keep my fingers from getting pinched and my pencil from falling through.
        Only a surfer knows the feeling. Billabong ca. 1985 or so

Comment

Any 27" solid CI wing should be able to be made to fit fairly easily. The HF as a replacement part is usually the cheapest, but used ones pop up too. You have to find the HF wing as a part number to their cabinet saw and order it that route...expect it to take a couple of months.

Another option is to remove the wing on the right and replace with a melamine table or torsion box. Fairly cheap, fairly easy, and very effective.

A third option is to sell the Unifence and get a fence like the Vega or T2 that'll work on your existing wing.

Comment

Our local Lowes has the T2 setup on sale for $127.00, would this be an advisable upgrade from a stock 3612 fence setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgid507 View Post
              Our local Lowes has the T2 setup on sale for $127.00, would this be an advisable upgrade from a stock 3612 fence setup?
              That's a matter of opinion, but as a Biesemeyer fan, to me the T2 would be an upgrade from the stock aluminum fence. It's much like a "Biese Lite", and $128 is a great price. You could probably sell your stock fence for $75 on Ebay.

Comment

Working...
              X