X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeWalt routers

Hi all, i've recently bought a DW615 router and a DE6251 dovetail joint jig. After recieving them i've realised they're not compatible. Now the question is, should i keep the router and get a new jig (if so, does anyone know which is compatible), or keep the jig and get a new router? Anyone have any experience with the DW615? I'm just getting into furniture making as a bit of a hobby so i'll only be seeing light action at weekends, will this model suffice or should i look at another model? Thanks for your time.

Re: DeWalt routers

What makes it not compatible? Most dovetail fixtures only require a collar on the router to make it follow the jig. Especially since they are both DW.

Clato

Comment

I have the DeWalt 3 base combo set and I love it! Its 2 1/4 horsepower (more than enough for weekend warriors) and comes with a load of accessories.

3 bases: standard base- i have this one mounted in a table
      plunge base
      D-Handle base- great for edge routing

It also came with a great edge guide with fine adjustment, a removeable/lockable power cord, 2 collets, 2 extra base plates, a centering cone/rod, vaccuum adaptor (x2), and a great hardshell case.

I am very happy with it. I paid 299.00 CDN at home depot.

As a side note, the dust collection on this unit is excellent.

Comment

I'll agree with the dw618 - 3 base kit, i've had mine for 3 years and wouldn't give it up for anything.

i would keep the router and get the pc dovetail jig, i have the 4212 and it works very well for me.

Comment

Please post back with the specific problem, vestan. We're a little in the dark, I think.

Later,
          Chiz
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Working...
          X