Which Ridgid Table Saw?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which Ridgid Table Saw?

Well, to close this discussion, I'm the proud owner of the 3650. I spent Monday through Wednesday evening assembling and calibrating it.

I've only cut a few test pieces thus far, mainly to calibrate the fence scale, and I can tell that this is a huge improvement over my cheap-o Craftsman. As others extolled here, the 3650 is considerably quieter, which the wife will appreciate. The Craftsman spat dust out of every single orifice, but the shroud on the 3650 does a good job of collection, which once again will please my wife and minimize the strain on her asthmatic lungs (in conjunction with recently-obtained Delta air cleaner). And best of all, I might be able to cut two boards that end up being....drum roll....the same length! <gasp> What a concept!

I had just finished building the first of four sections of a built-in bookshelf with my old table saw (and other pre-Home Depot-big sale equipment). I'm sure that any last remnants of buyer's remorse will disappear this weekend when I can stop calibrating/playing with my new arsenal of tools and get building again <insert another please-the-spouse comment here>.

Thanks again to the people on this forum...it is a great wealth of knowledge, and I will be visiting here often.

Comment

Congrats Steve , but now you're gonna have to be more creative with the excuses! (BTDT!)

Have fun and be safe!

Comment

Congrats. Hope you enjoy it.
        No, the half of the missing finger was not power tool related.

Comment

Congrats, Steve!! I know you'll enjoy the saw as much as many of us have. It's such a nice feeling to work with a tool that's designed to be used, and accurate. Don't forget to get some pics of those bookshelves!!
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Working...
          X