X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 blade guard

Looking for advice on getting the blade guard and splitter lined up with the blade. Do I need to bend it into alignment or is there a better way?

Jim

Re: TS3650 blade guard

Hi Jim,

For me, trial and error was the best method because getting the splitter correctly positioned was easily the most time consuming part of the saws assembly for me. The happy ending part though is once you get it just right it stays that way even when removed and remounted. I did have to do a little bending at the angle portion of the assembly. It was easy to bend by mounting it in my vise.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave,
      It helps to have a little patience (I seem to have very little) for trial and error. There is more adjustment available than I first realized and it looks like I will have to bend it a little to get it straight up & down.
      Thanks again for the reply.

Jim

Comment

I had to bend mine to get the verticle in line, too. Horizontal alignment was a lot of REAL straight edges like a long builder's square and a long, metal-edged, level. It's a matter of trial and error and a lot of patience.
        I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I took a large piece of plywood and ripped it only part way through. Then unplugged the saw and raised the blade all the way up. I put the ply on the table with the kerf over the blade. Then used the kerf to line up the blade gaurd. Make sure you have a straight edge on the plywood when making the initial cut. Then you know the blade and gaurd are lined up straight.

Comment

Thanks VAS,
            Apparently having to bend it straight vertical is common. I have now come close to getting it lined up. When I tightened the bolts it would move a little so I had to over adjust and hope it comes back when I tighten them.
            I guess that's all part of the trial & error!
            Thanks for the reply,
            Jim

Comment

Thanks DLGDOO,
              That sounds like a good idea.
              This thing is a PITA but I want to use the guard so I have to make it work.
              Thanks for you reply,
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by dlgdoo View Post
                I took a large piece of plywood and ripped it only part way through. Then unplugged the saw and raised the blade all the way up. I put the ply on the table with the kerf over the blade. Then used the kerf to line up the blade gaurd. Make sure you have a straight edge on the plywood when making the initial cut. Then you know the blade and gaurd are lined up straight.
                Nice job on handling this question. Gets the job done right and quick.
                Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
                X