X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigid shop vac hookup to 3650

Bought a new Rigid shop vac with 2 1/2" connections and the TS is also 2 1/2". So far I have been unable to find an adapter that will allow me to connect directly from the TS to the vac. Any help??

Re: Rigid shop vac hookup to 3650

My Ridgid shop vac (14 gal) hose plugs directly into the 3650. No adapter needed.

Go
    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

If both outer diameters are 2.5 inches, try to find an abs or pvc connector that is in that size maybe? And by connector I mean the piece that would be in between to pieces of pipe.

Comment

I doubt you'll really need this, but it is handy to have one.

http://www.shopvac.com/detail.asp?id=195

Picture below. Click it to see it larger.
        Attached Files

Comment

The hose that connects to the vacuum has two ends which are different. One end should have a clip / lock thing to attach it to the shop vac body. The other end is the "working end" and it's tapered. You should be able to just shove the end into the table saw vacuum port without anything else needed.

If that is not working, are you able to put the hose into any of the extensions / tools that came with your shop vac (those are the same diameter as the TS vac port)? If not, you may have a faulty hose and need a replacement.

Comment

RIDGID Universal 10 Ft. Wet/Dry Vac Hose
            For 2-1/2 In. & 1-7/8 In. Accessories
            Model VT2570
            $34.99 at HD

Has various end fittings and the hose is much better than the one that came with the vac (WD4550).

Simon

Comment

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a question about using two shop vacs in series. I recently purchase the Ridgid 6.5hp. I was considering buying that lid that fits a 5 or 30 gallon trash can that goes between the saw and the shop vac, like can be found here:

http://www.leevalley.com/images/item.../05j3001s3.jpg

but I came across a shop vac on craigslist for $30. Any reason why I couldn't use the second vac unplugged in place of the Cyclone lid?
              You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.

Comment

Working...
              X