Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Saw!

Hello all.

i Bought and assembled the TS3650 today. Quite an impulse buy,HD has a great deal going.

Iv'e run into a problem with set up. To install the front rail the directions say to...
    "Align the front rail with the 7-1/8 in. mark on the right side rip scale with the right edge of the cast iron table top"
    I did. But when I measure from the fence to the blade I'm off by 3/8? The blade is square to the table

I took a few pics....

Aligned rail per instruction.

Distance from blade to fence 10"

Missed it by that much?

This is my first table saw, I may be missing something. After going through the assemblyy instructions again I couldn't find anything. May be as simple as moving the rail?

Any ideas more than welcome and appreciated.
    "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Re: New Saw!

The cursor line indicator has some adjustability. You should be able to move it close to spot on.

Comment

You must have gotten this returned saw.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11219
      SSG, U.S. Army
      Retired
      K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I had the same issue (I assembled my saw last week). There was just enough room to adjust the clear fence mark on the right side of the fence. For the left one, I had to angle the fence mark slightly. Maybe someday I'll readjust the rails to get it closer to center, but good enough for now.

Comment

Thx guys. could get the right aligned but the left comes up a hair or two short. I'll just move the fence over a bit when I get a chance.

TOD, I read that link. I've got some scratches on my legs out of the box, other than the fence alignment it seems to be good. I have a friend who has a shop, I'll have him give it a good look at before I start cutting.
          "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Please everyone

Take a good steel rule and measure from a blade tip facing your fence over to the fence. Set the fence by what the rule says, try a cut on a piece of scrap, measure it and then re-adjust the fence as necessary. I know this is a bit of a PITA but is sure is better than ripping a board only to find you cut too much off.

What's the old saying? I think it goes about like this. Measure 3 times and cut once...

Good luck getting your fence and its rule set. You'll get there.

Comment

Working...
            X