Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 - Where to find valuable add-ons?

First time poster to the forum.

Very excited! After months of looking, I am about to purchase a used 3650. Can any of you guide me to where I can purchase add-ons that improve functionality of this saw?

Example 1: Do I want to improve the sawdust collection capability? Is there a part made to do this and where might I find it?

Example 2: Is there a router table adaptation that I can find to install into one of the wings? Is there a part made to do this and where might I find it?

Anything else I may want to know about?

Big thanks,
    Bwana Pat

Re: 3650 - Where to find valuable add-ons?

Originally posted by BwanaPat View Post
    Example 1: Do I want to improve the sawdust collection capability? Is there a part made to do this and where might I find it?

Example 2: Is there a router table adaptation that I can find to install into one of the wings? Is there a part made to do this and where might I find it?
    Bwana,

First off, welcome to the forum.

The saw has a factory provided vac port to the rear of the blade under the saw. There really is no reason to improve on that. Some on the forum have enclosed the lower portion of the saw and created a larger 4" opening to connect to a DC system.

As far as the router table extension, most of us on the forum built our own. Although there are others who have purchased premade replacement wings built to accomodate a router, really clean set-up.

Since you're buying this used you may want to invest in a new belt for the motor to arbor and a new blade for more accurate cuts. Until you put the saw to use, you can't know what all you may need.

Hope this helps some. Good luck with the saw and happy dust making...
    If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Most stuff for add on w/your table saw is in the forums, type in jigs, table saw extension, router top, etc, up above in search. The belt and blade is a very good idea. Down load manual from Ridgid too, if it doesn't come w/your saw. A good sawdust collection is great to have, but I think a lot of us just use wet/dry vacs. Do all your tweaks to the saw first, then start making things for your saw. Make sure everything is squared up, should have everything in the manual for set up and operation. Hope you'll enjoy your saw and as a questions comes along for you, just ask in here and everyone will help you out. By the way, welcome to the forum, and don't hesitate to show project pictures here too.
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Being as that saw is used be sure to check the arbor before buying. Here is a link to a thread that has a picture of the good and bad arbors.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11209
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I would say that your two most urgent needs will be a better miter gage and a cross-cut sled. You can make the sled easily and there are lots of improved mitre gages around. Look at Amazon.com and Woodcraft for example.
          I agree that before you do anything it might be good to make a bunch of sawdust. As you get used to the saw some other things may pop up.

Blind Bill

Comment

Working...
          X