drill press table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill press table

I just bought my first drill press (Ridgid 15"). I was wanting some people to post some pics of their drill press table. I want to build one but would like some input first.
    I will be using it for all the normal stuff, some holes for hidden hinges, maybe a mortise or two, and some holes for shelf pins.
    All input will be greatly appreciated.

Re: drill press table

Here is a plan for a drill press table that was a free download from the WOOD site. I have not built it yet so can not comment on it's function
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice basic and functional design that Wayne linked you to. The one I made is similar except that I made the table larger.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

I just purchased my TS3650 and a drill press(different Man.), Love the Table saw . The drill press, however did not have adequate workspace, so I looked at several DP tables, Rockler sells on for just under 100 bucks that I liked, So I puchased it. Love the space, good fence, plus has pretty blue t-stots. These were a biggy for me as I lost the use of one hand years ago(bad truck), any way, for the price seams a fair deal. all you need to add is a few hold downs and stop blocks and your drillin' away.

Comment

I built this one a couple of years ago when I bought my drill press. It's realtively simple and it has a small drawer for storage underneath. You'll have to click on the picture. Sorry it's so small.
          Attached Files

Comment

MLCs is another place to look for DP tables.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...utertable.html
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

I bought a $119 craftsman for $30 on clearance at sears hardware. It has dust exraction and tilt functions and a nice fence.
              You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Did you buy that Craftsmen in-store or online? When did you buy it on clearance? That's quite nice...

Comment

Here is the pic rnt80 posted resized to be a tad larger. Sorry, I don't have an experience with the drill press tables myself...
                  Attached Files
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                    Did you buy that Craftsmen in-store or online? When did you buy it on clearance? That's quite nice...
                    bout a year ago in Sears hardware. I've got outstanding buys there. I once got a Makita pistol grip 9.6 volt drill on clearance for $45(round 2003). There were 3 of em at the front counter.
                    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Woodpeckers just came out with a drill press table (well, it'll be available in a few weeks). It looks pretty sweet. I have to admit, I'm wary about the fence, which seems very short. But otherwise... very nice item. How often do y'all find you're using the drill press on a workpiece which *requires* a tall fence?

For all the things I've bought from Woodpeckers, the quality has been *excellent*. Their machined stuff is simply superb.

http://www.woodpeck.com/wpdrillpresstable.html

Comment

Working...
                      X