X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drill press table

I just bought my first drill press (Ridgid 15"). I was wanting some people to post some pics of their drill press table. I want to build one but would like some input first.
    I will be using it for all the normal stuff, some holes for hidden hinges, maybe a mortise or two, and some holes for shelf pins.
    All input will be greatly appreciated.

Re: drill press table

Here is a plan for a drill press table that was a free download from the WOOD site. I have not built it yet so can not comment on it's function
    Attached Files

Comment

That's a nice basic and functional design that Wayne linked you to. The one I made is similar except that I made the table larger.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I just purchased my TS3650 and a drill press(different Man.), Love the Table saw . The drill press, however did not have adequate workspace, so I looked at several DP tables, Rockler sells on for just under 100 bucks that I liked, So I puchased it. Love the space, good fence, plus has pretty blue t-stots. These were a biggy for me as I lost the use of one hand years ago(bad truck), any way, for the price seams a fair deal. all you need to add is a few hold downs and stop blocks and your drillin' away.

Comment

I built this one a couple of years ago when I bought my drill press. It's realtively simple and it has a small drawer for storage underneath. You'll have to click on the picture. Sorry it's so small.
          Attached Files

Comment

MLCs is another place to look for DP tables.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shops...utertable.html
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I bought a $119 craftsman for $30 on clearance at sears hardware. It has dust exraction and tilt functions and a nice fence.
              You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Did you buy that Craftsmen in-store or online? When did you buy it on clearance? That's quite nice...

Comment

Here is the pic rnt80 posted resized to be a tad larger. Sorry, I don't have an experience with the drill press tables myself...
                  Attached Files
                  Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood_Junkie View Post
                    Did you buy that Craftsmen in-store or online? When did you buy it on clearance? That's quite nice...
                    bout a year ago in Sears hardware. I've got outstanding buys there. I once got a Makita pistol grip 9.6 volt drill on clearance for $45(round 2003). There were 3 of em at the front counter.
                    You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Woodpeckers just came out with a drill press table (well, it'll be available in a few weeks). It looks pretty sweet. I have to admit, I'm wary about the fence, which seems very short. But otherwise... very nice item. How often do y'all find you're using the drill press on a workpiece which *requires* a tall fence?

For all the things I've bought from Woodpeckers, the quality has been *excellent*. Their machined stuff is simply superb.

http://www.woodpeck.com/wpdrillpresstable.html

Comment

Working...
                      X