X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another TS3650 Owner

Well I finally was able to get my saw. Took advantage of HD Tool Event. Also picked up a Ridgid Brad Nailer too. Although to my surprise on the way home, I checked my receipt to see that the saw was on sale for $499. Only downside was that the nailer and the saw totaled $598, $2 away from the $125 savings. Since today was the last day and I have to work this afternoon, I cant do anything about it. Oh well, assembly should begin tonight. Wish me luck.

Re: Another TS3650 Owner

I would go back to the store and talk to the "Store Manager" and him only. If you got a good manager he will discount it for you instead of running the risk of having to process a $600.00 return.

Cant hurt to try.

Good luck,

Comment

Well, I got the saw all together. My rip fence squeeks and is a little stiff. I tried adjusting the rails, but didnt really help. I forgot to pick up some Johnsons, so when I do the top, I'll also do the rails.

One of the things I did do a little different was the cord going from the motors to the switch. I didnt like the fact that there was so much excess. So I cut off about 16" of cord, and rewired it. Granted, if I ever need to remove the motor assembly, I'll have to remove the switch first, but thats ok.

All in all, the assembly went well.

Comment

Originally posted by stidrvr View Post

One of the things I did do a little different was the cord going from the motors to the switch. I didnt like the fact that there was so much excess. So I cut off about 16" of cord, and rewired it. Granted, if I ever need to remove the motor assembly, I'll have to remove the switch first, but thats ok.
        You could also just cut the cord and put heavy duty extension cord replacement ends on so you could just unplug it to remove it. Delta saws are made this way.
        SSG, U.S. Army
        Retired
        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I finished assembly on my 3650 testerday. Took me about 9 hours over a several day period. I did all alignment checks as I went. Everything was good out of the box. I ran the cord for the switch around the right side of the cabinet and mounted the switch on the left end of the rail. I'm used to that location. By running the cord around the right side it's length is almost perfect. My rails also squeek. I'll try the wax on them today to see if that cures it.

The tips on assembly from this site saved me alot of aggravation. While the saw was upside down on the bench I tightened the trunnion bolts which were only snug. I installed the Herc-U- Lift while the saw was on the bench. The wings were installed with the saw standing on it's legs. I moved the saw next to the bench and propped the wings on the bench to align with the saw table and bolted them together. The whole assembly went smoothly.

Saw runs quiet and vibration free. My first cuts were excellent. I'm happy.
          Last edited by credns; 04-13-2007, 07:17 AM. Reason: word spelled wrong.

Comment

As I remember it, my fence was a bit squeeky at first. I waxed the rails a couple times. The squeek has completely gone away and the fence moves smooth as silk!
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I didnt use any of the tips. I had read the sticky about 6-8 months ago, but I just ended up following the manual. For me the hardest part was putting the legs and side pieces together as I did this on my lap (no workbench yet). The only pain in the butt was that the manual only listed a handful of screw/bolt sizes. I had to use process on elimination on the rest.

Every adjustment on my saw was perfect out of the box, although I still need to go through and double check tightness on all the factory installed bolts though. Hopefully this weekend I can start on my router table, and some cuts with it.

Comment

Working...
              X