Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: trim compressor

Originally posted by woodenstickers View Post
    I have a one gallon senco. I use it for all the things you describe. I run a 18 gauge brad nailer, 16 g finish, narrow crown stapler and 23 headless pinner with great results. I do have a blower for it and use it for blowing off my hat after I do a lot of overhead routing and sanding, but it wont do much more blowing than that. It runs more often as you would expect, but it isn't excessive and I have yet to be nailing enough trim, base, crown or anything else that I have had to wait for it to catch up.

I love the thing, 20lbs, sits on a counter and no problems yet. I also have a bigger pancake that works fine for my framing gun though I never need to haul it out anymore.

I got it with the 23 gauge pinner as a set on ebay and it came delivered to my door for about $175.

I also have one of those Senco 1 gallon compressors - I believe it's a model PC1010. It's very quite and light, and great for small trim jobs with an 18GA or even 16GA nailer. I can only get a couple shots out of my 15GA nailer before it cycles on. I guess that's pushing it using a 15GA finish nailer. Great little compressor for the money. I mostly use my cordless finish nailers these days, but it's nice to have a couple compressors for back-up, and for bigger jobs.

Comment

My wife go me a Crftsman for Chistmas. (3 Gal.) It works fine around the shop, but I tryed to top off the tires on my pickup the other day, and it wouldnt do it. I would sit there for 2-3 min. and the pressure was the same. I even thought it was the gauge so I tryed 2 more and it was the same.

Comment

Most craftsman as well as Porter Cable Compressors are made by DeVilbiss(I know spelling). Except for maybe the small $100 hot dog made in chgina craftsman sells.
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

This is one time I don't quite agree with Woussko! (or is it a first?) Hey you guys, You can't see with a glass eye, and you can't breathe with rock, metal or wooden lungs. Don't blow the shop out, get that nice shop/industrial vac going, and get all the dirt collected, not spread everyhere, and especially, don't breathe it. A hard vac is good to find. We don't have Ridgid's in Norway, so I have the Bosch GAS25, most/some/ of the time. My wife, & her friends have a tedency to "dissapear" it, so I often have to wait a day or two, then it comes back. This is a problem that I'm sure that Ridgid's also have.

Comment

Working...
          X