3650 T-Bolts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 T-Bolts

Anyone have a source for thr 3650 Fence T-Bolts & Nuts. I need 4 or 5 more for some fixtures I'm building. I wish Rigid would include more than the 3 extra ones. Does anyone have any they wish to get rid of or have ny idea's where I can get some without paying excessive shipping charges or high min.

Thanks,

James

Re: 3650 T-Bolts

You might check with your local hardware stores, ACE carriers a pretty good assortment of the t-slot bolts here.

Regards,

Comment

http://www.t-nuts.com

I have bought from them before. The service is great, but the ordering system is a little strange after the new owner took over. You have to order and pay using paypall. Highly recommended.

Comment

Jim

You should have good luck at industrial supply places like McMaster Carr or MSC Industrial Supply. They keep lots of sizes in stock. You may find that you'll like to get some T-slot nuts and threaded studs in several lengths to fit them. Also look into the flange washers for use with them.

Try taking a look at the following on the MSC web site. I think you'll get some good ideas.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF...0&PMT4TP=*LTIP

You may want to look in your yellow pages under both Fasteners and Industrial Supplies. You would do well to take what you have that fits along so as to match sizing up correctly.

To view the above links you'll need a current version of FLASH player installed. It's a free download at www.adobe.com
        Last edited by Woussko; 04-13-2007, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Why not just use ¼" hex head bolts?
          ================================================== ====
          ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

After looking over the parts list (download) I sure can't find any screws or nuts for use in T slots unless I missed something. I did see 1/4-20 thread square head screws and square nuts. If that's what you want, I would check at a good hardware store.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
              Why not just use ΒΌ" hex head bolts?
              1/4-20 HH bolts don't work in all the slots, at least on mine. The top slots and the side slots are different widths, don't remember which off the top of my head was wider. I just filed the flats on a couple 1/4-20 bolts so the heads would fit. I think the slots must be 5 or 6mm, just slightly less than 1/4".

Has anyone else noticed this, or is my TS a fluke (or is that a freak)?
              "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
              John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                1/4-20 HH bolts don't work in all the slots, at least on mine. The top slots and the side slots are different widths, don't remember which off the top of my head was wider. I just filed the flats on a couple 1/4-20 bolts so the heads would fit. I think the slots must be 5 or 6mm, just slightly less than 1/4".

You're not alone Bob. The slots on my fence are 2 different widths and the 1/4" HH bolts do have some play in them. They work so I keep using them.

I think a fluke is a volt/ohm meter
                If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Originally posted by amcnerl View Post
                  You're not alone Bob. The slots on my fence are 2 different widths and the 1/4" HH bolts do have some play in them. They work so I keep using them.

I think a fluke is a volt/ohm meter
                  This is why I recommended www.t-nuts.com. They are made to fit the slots in Ryobi and Rigid tools and are reasonable in price. I just ordered some more this past week and got them here in Alaska is 2 days. They also have knobs for jigs on sale for $0.25 each. I bought 20 of them. Measure your slots and match them up with the specs on their t-nuts, t-bolts, etc.

Comment

I have used 1/4" hex heads and toilet flange bolts. They may have to be filed slightly. The toilet flange bolts also come in brass which is better if the bolts could be accidentally nicked by the saw blade.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

Bob,

¼-20 hex head bolts work in both the top and the side slots on my fence. As far as I know the fence on my 3612 is the same fence design as is found on your 3650. You do have to have the bolts head aligned to the slot with the proper configuration as it won't fit if it isn't lined up just right. Did that make any sense?

EDIT: I don't have to file down the heads of the ¼-20 bolts in order for them to work on my fence.
                      Last edited by BadgerDave; 04-14-2007, 10:41 AM.
                      ================================================== ====
                      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Lets see if I can clear this up. The square head 1/4 20 bolts that come with the 3650 have a 3/8 square head. A standard 1/4 20 hex head bolt has a 7/16 head size. This is why a standard 1/4 20 hex head does not fit a 3650 unless you file down the head.
                        SSG, U.S. Army
                        Retired
                        K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Washers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Threefinger

Comment

Originally posted by jimwill48 View Post
                            Anyone have a source for thr 3650 Fence T-Bolts & Nuts. I need 4 or 5 more for some fixtures I'm building.
                            There may be a Fastenal store near you or otherwise you can order online. They have T-nuts, and t-slot extrusions etc.
                            Excellent source for jig making parts and components.

(edit: be sure to click on the product then the .pdf for more detail, picture etc.)
                            Cheers! - Jim
                            -------------
                            All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by TOD View Post
                              The square head 1/4 20 bolts that come with the 3650 have a 3/8 square head. A standard 1/4 20 hex head bolt has a 7/16 head size. This is why a standard 1/4 20 hex head does not fit a 3650 unless you file down the head.
                              Standard 1/4 20 hex bolts with 7/16" head fit in the T-track of my TS3650 rip fence and side rails without filing anything (see pic). That's what I've used to attach the router table wing extension and jigs for the fence.

- djb
                              Attached Files
                              sigpic

A Democracy is 2 wolves and 1 sheep voting on what to have for lunch.

Restore the Republic.

Comment

Working...
                              X