Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Rigid TS3650 Dust port

Originally posted by ba-doyn View Post
    Man, I wish I could have even the stock dust shroud on my 3612.

How's that for adding another tangent?

Michael
    Atta boy, Michael.
    Later,
    Chiz

Comment

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
      I believe that RIGID should desgn and sell a housing replacement that hold a 4" hose.

Is there any RIGID engineer reading our post? Users comments are often the best feedback.
      I agree with you 110%.What about it Rigid,Lets get on it...

Comment

Here, there a guy who built a RIDGID TS3650 4" Dust port

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Ridgi...ification.html

Comment

Originally posted by Boogatoo View Post
          Here, there a guy who built a RIDGID TS3650 4" Dust port

http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Ridgi...ification.html
          What do you guys think is better: something like the guy made in the above link, or one that covers the entire bottom. I like what the guy did but I'm thinking you could get more of the dust if you enclose off the entire bottom and let the dust fall where you can suck it out.

Whata ya think???

Comment

Every time I look at these things I wonder about that little detail of when you drop the blade nut inside. Whatever I do to enclose the saw, I'm going to have to think about "nut retreival" .... It's gonna happen!! Hence why I unplug the saw before even starting to change the blade...
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I believe that this guy's port is better that "gravity" port. Even the 2 1/4" that came with the saw is better.Gravity ports are effective only when the saw is sealed. With that belt at the back, you can't seal the say. So sucking dust at the source is the best solution for this particular saw.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
                Every time I look at these things I wonder about that little detail of when you drop the blade nut inside. Whatever I do to enclose the saw, I'm going to have to think about "nut retreival" .... It's gonna happen!! Hence why I unplug the saw before even starting to change the blade...
                There's a motor access door that should make an easy enough to retrieve a nut. A telescoping magnet won't hurt either.

Comment

sorry to bring up an old post but i believe the reason ridgid went with teh 2-1/2" port is because they sell a dust collection system utilizing their wet/dry vacs

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Clean-Sh...k/EN/index.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X